New to Reef 2 Reef and Saltwater Tanks

L_Star

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am new to saltwater tanks. I recently set up a tank and purchased a Chocolate Chip Starfish. I did my research ahead of time, but I still feel clueless. If anyone has advice on taking care of our Chocolate Chip Starfish please flood me with information. I will probably post asking questions very soon.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. No expert on Starfish sorry, a lot of other things, like six legged spiders, but not starfish... :D

giphy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us !!

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Chocolate Chip Sea Stars are hardy in an aquarium and do require at least 3 - 6 months but yours can still live, Chocolate Chips are predatory and will eat soft corals (I do not know about polyps), clams, some inverts and small fish, even other sea stars. I love chocolate chips but they are just to deadly, it has been done before where they had a Chocolate Chip with lots of things I think you need to keep in very well fed.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am new to saltwater tanks. I recently set up a tank and purchased a Chocolate Chip Starfish. I did my research ahead of time, but I still feel clueless. If anyone has advice on taking care of our Chocolate Chip Starfish please flood me with information. I will probably post asking questions very soon.
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

Back