OP
OP
ponceludon

ponceludon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mea and Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like things are already going well.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Thanks!!!!

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... my partner and I have been freshwater aquarium hobbyists for about 3 years now. Last summer we decided to jump into saltwater aquaria after visiting Hawaii .... the first time I ever went snorkeling in the ocean I felt like I was in a cathedral. The greatness and wholeness of the ocean is always awe-inspiring and I am passionate about marine biology, ... Being able to watch a micro version of the incredible complex ocean ecosystem in my home has been so wonderful. ...

Welcome to R2R !

I agree; the oceans and reefs are amazing.

You will find a community that is a great resource here.

Best wishes for 2022,
Jim

BreadReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

My name is Mea and my partner and I have been freshwater aquarium hobbyists for about 3 years now. Last summer we decided to jump into saltwater aquaria after visiting Hawaii and seeing how miraculously revived so many of the reefs were since tourism had basically stopped due to COVID.

The saltwater tank we have is 20 gallons with a 20 gallon refugium. In the tanks we have 8 coral frags (scarlet favia, Captain America palythoas, green star polyp, event horizon favia, mint pavona, bird of paradise seriatopora, forest fire montepora, and candy cane LPS), 4 fish (damsel, goby, clown, filefish), an aggregating anemone, one sexy shrimp, fighting conch (my fave), 2 urchins, and a smattering of snails and crabs. We live in San Francisco so we filled our reef tank with Pacific Ocean water and now it’s a thriving marine environment! We have named the tank Keanu Reef.

I grew up in Los Angeles, and the first time I ever went snorkeling in the ocean I felt like I was in a cathedral. The greatness and wholeness of the ocean is always awe-inspiring and I am passionate about marine biology, even though it is not my job. (Though I have been thinking about abandoning my current profession and going back to school to be a biologist!) Being able to watch a micro version of the incredible complex ocean ecosystem in my home has been so wonderful.

Looking forward to get to know this place and learn about what goes on here!
Welcome to r2r Mea, I am also new to the forums and saltwater keeping, with a freshwater background.

Best wishes!
(Headed to Jamaica this year and hoping to have a similar experience as you all did)

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

My name is Mea and my partner and I have been freshwater aquarium hobbyists for about 3 years now. Last summer we decided to jump into saltwater aquaria after visiting Hawaii and seeing how miraculously revived so many of the reefs were since tourism had basically stopped due to COVID.

The saltwater tank we have is 20 gallons with a 20 gallon refugium. In the tanks we have 8 coral frags (scarlet favia, Captain America palythoas, green star polyp, event horizon favia, mint pavona, bird of paradise seriatopora, forest fire montepora, and candy cane LPS), 4 fish (damsel, goby, clown, filefish), an aggregating anemone, one sexy shrimp, fighting conch (my fave), 2 urchins, and a smattering of snails and crabs. We live in San Francisco so we filled our reef tank with Pacific Ocean water and now it’s a thriving marine environment! We have named the tank Keanu Reef.

I grew up in Los Angeles, and the first time I ever went snorkeling in the ocean I felt like I was in a cathedral. The greatness and wholeness of the ocean is always awe-inspiring and I am passionate about marine biology, even though it is not my job. (Though I have been thinking about abandoning my current profession and going back to school to be a biologist!) Being able to watch a micro version of the incredible complex ocean ecosystem in my home has been so wonderful.

Welcome to R2R

Welcome to R2R.JPG

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Attachments

• 1073df0a5ef67ebb15ba8f0efcd2fdf9ab077b88d3f000cc8000e431ff7a9129.0.png
    1073df0a5ef67ebb15ba8f0efcd2fdf9ab077b88d3f000cc8000e431ff7a9129.0.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 26

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the family

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back