New to reef tanks. Need help stocking 15 gallon reef tank

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i would appreciate any recommendations or ideas for what i could add in my tank, or what tank i should get in general. I have a few things in my shopping cart already, would these be good for a 15g cube nano reef tank? I need to know if some of these are to powerful, not powerful enough, etc. Also would i need a powerhead if the tank i will get comes with a air pump? Thanks.

The tank is a 15 gallon cube nano tank. It comes with a filter and air pump. The dimensions are 16 by 14 by 16.

Im going to add 20 pounds of sand

Im going to add 15 pounds of dry live rock

Im going to add a 50 watt heater (is that to much for a 15 gallon, or to little?)

Im going to add lighting (obviously)

The salt mix i will be using is: Instant Ocean Sea Salt for Marine Aquariums, Nitrate & Phosphate-Free

Fish/inverts:
I need to know whether or not this is to many fish, plus what type i could add. Here is what i was thinking:

Yellow watchman goby
Occelaris Clownfish
Maybe royal gramma basslet, or something else. Any ideas what else could be good?

These are the Invertebrates i will have:

Kenya Tree coral
a few zoanthids
Bubble tip anemone

Thanks, there is just a few more things i need to know. I need to know how to check my water and how to feed the corals.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check liveaquaria.com
It will tell you recommended tank sizes for all fish. The clown may be ok but the others require a larger tank. Even clowns should technically have a 20 gallon.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome btw!

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i would appreciate any recommendations or ideas for what i could add in my tank, or what tank i should get in general. I have a few things in my shopping cart already, would these be good for a 15g cube nano reef tank? I need to know if some of these are to powerful, not powerful enough, etc. Also would i need a powerhead if the tank i will get comes with a air pump? Thanks.

The tank is a 15 gallon cube nano tank. It comes with a filter and air pump. The dimensions are 16 by 14 by 16.

Im going to add 20 pounds of sand

Im going to add 15 pounds of dry live rock

Im going to add a 50 watt heater (is that to much for a 15 gallon, or to little?)

Im going to add lighting (obviously)

The salt mix i will be using is: Instant Ocean Sea Salt for Marine Aquariums, Nitrate & Phosphate-Free

Fish/inverts:
I need to know whether or not this is to many fish, plus what type i could add. Here is what i was thinking:

Yellow watchman goby
Occelaris Clownfish
Maybe royal gramma basslet, or something else. Any ideas what else could be good?

These are the Invertebrates i will have:

Kenya Tree coral
a few zoanthids
Bubble tip anemone

Thanks, there is just a few more things i need to know. I need to know how to check my water and how to feed the corals.
I would recommend live sand or adding beneficial bacteria. To figure out what to stock look at the fish as if they're adults, and base how many gallons per inch

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back