PicsArt_04-04-01.04.01.jpg

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

Like a lot of new posters here, I have been reading threads here for 3 years and have gained a plethora of knowledge just from everyone else's experience with their tanks and fish and other species they keep successfully, or have struggled with.

I initially started with a used 90 gal rimless tank with homemade sump, used rock and a skimmer. It was a great first tank and I learned a lot of do's and don'ts with it. In August 2018 I moved up to a 180 gal display and had the owner of our LFS install a basement sump.

What has brought me from being just a Reef2Reef forum reader to participant is the fact that I need to write one of those "My Tank Crashed and Where to Go From Here" posts and I'm not sure where to do this. This is a bit of an unusual crash in that it was not caused by lack of care, fish disease, malfunctioning equipment or overdosing additives. This was caused by water contamination by either surfactant in the household water softener or contamination in my new bucket of reef salt.

So if someone could direct me as to where I can post the particulars. I am new to posting anywhere actually and could barely figure out how to write this post. LOL But I haven't had a good nights sleep since the middle of February and would like to get some advise.
did you find a place to post about it?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i also looked in tank emergency,cannot find?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back