New to Reef2Reef from Tampa Bay, FL.

Lear31a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club. I see you are right down the street from me as well.
giphy (6).gif

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. The best part about your location is your an hour away from three of the best reef shops in the country. @WWC @TopShelfAquatics @Living Reef Orlando I live in Ocala and make the trip frequently. What good shops are there in Tampa?

Tampa is stacked with shops. Coral Corral, especially their display tanks, is just as good as the others you've mentioned. Here's how I'd rank the stores in that area:

1) Coral Corral
2) A&R Aquariums
3) The Aquariums & Fish Store
4) Marine Warehouse
5) Fish and Other Icthy Stuff

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! small world! I am from Tampa too! Seminole Heights born and raised! Live in Luz now! Welcome neighbor! BTW I am a brs youtube junkie! I love any youtubes regarding corals. I watch them pretty much everyday. Put up my first tank last Dec!

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tampa is stacked with shops. Coral Corral, especially their display tanks, is just as good as the others you've mentioned. Here's how I'd rank the stores in that area:

1) Coral Corral
2) A&R Aquariums
3) The Aquariums & Fish Store
4) Marine Warehouse
5) Fish and Other Icthy Stuff
Thank you! I'll check them out!

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

New here and starting a new 40 gallon Breeder. I used to have a 200g in-wall many years ago but had to let it go. (link)

Getting back in and re-learning everything. Currently reviewing the guide from Bulk Reef Supply: A simple, easy guide in 5 minute steps.

If everything goes well, with in a year, I will start an i-wall again.

Looking forward to learn from all of you!
Welcome to R2R! My wife is from Tampa! Love the state, but that Sun is killer!!! I got second degree burns from Jet Skiing out there lol.

BRS Guides are amazing. Look up 52 weeks of reefing as well if you've got the time. Older vids, but still quality.

Raysup88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m from st pete and I make the drive to coral corral. My favorite store especially if you’ve got kids. They always let me use the latter so my little one can climb up and check out all the coral frags lol. There new display tank is out of this world.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back