New to reefing and new here!

Sushguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there guys, I'm new to everything but am somewhat barely experience in freshwater (more like keeping my Oscar in brackish water). Just recently started up a saltwater tank but my imagination wouldnt really help with the process. The tank has:
- 13 Lbs of live rock
- Green Duncan (frag)
- GSP (frag)
- Green mushrooms
- Purple tip anemone
- 3 Ocellaris Clown fish (one white)
- Firefish Goby
- Mandarin Dragonet
- Fire red shrimp
- Calico crab

Equipment:
- Fluval evo 13.5
- AI Prime lighting
- JBJ nano Wave maker (trying out Jebao MCP-70 cross Sine soon)
- Reef breeders ATO ($20 anf works like a charm)
- Generic heater
- Stock return pump
- Intank chamber 1 media chamber (floss filter, carbon bag, ceramic media, bio balls)
- Chamber 2 turned into refugium.
- Cheap $20 growlight for refugium

I was heavily influenced by this forum and tried to make smart decisions. The fish and corals are very happy so far. Even though I probably get on their nerves with light settings and stuff. I also never realized how expensive corals are! Any input would be great! I'm still drawing a blank as to what to put and where to put it. I should probably get bigger and better live rock lol! Happy reefing everyone and I will be keeping everyone updated on my progress and I will always be lurking for information!
20220522_195523.jpg
20220521_203617.jpg
20220522_194036.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Sushguy

Sushguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there guys, I'm new to everything but am somewhat barely experience in freshwater (more like keeping my Oscar in brackish water). Just recently started up a saltwater tank but my imagination wouldnt really help with the process. The tank has:
- 13 Lbs of live rock
- Green Duncan (frag)
- GSP (frag)
- Green mushrooms
- Purple tip anemone
- 3 Ocellaris Clown fish (one white)
- Firefish Goby
- Mandarin Dragonet
- Fire red shrimp
- Calico crab

Equipment:
- Fluval evo 13.5
- AI Prime lighting
- JBJ nano Wave maker (trying out Jebao MCP-70 cross Sine soon)
- Reef breeders ATO ($20 anf works like a charm)
- Generic heater
- Stock return pump
- Intank chamber 1 media chamber (floss filter, carbon bag, ceramic media, bio balls)
- Chamber 2 turned into refugium.
- Cheap $20 growlight for refugium

I was heavily influenced by this forum and tried to make smart decisions. The fish and corals are very happy so far. Even though I probably get on their nerves with light settings and stuff. I also never realized how expensive corals are! Any input would be great! I'm still drawing a blank as to what to put and where to put it. I should probably get bigger and better live rock lol! Happy reefing everyone and I will be keeping everyone updated on my progress and I will always be lurking for information!
20220522_195523.jpg
20220521_203617.jpg
20220522_194036.jpg
20220522_202315.jpg
20220522_195523.jpg

Couple of more pictures.

OP
OP
Sushguy

Sushguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That a big crab.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Pbs Nature Ocean GIF by Nature on PBS
Lol!!!! To tell you the truth I had no idea what it was and not one of my LFS could tell me what it was. I had to do some detective work and found out that it was a Calico crab from the east. They say it's voracious but it seems to get along well with its neighbors other than him moving my live rock every now and then. I love the guy but I might need to give him away. Think it's too big for the tank?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back