New to Reefing and R2R

wearlesiii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my name is Will. I am from Nashville, TN. I bought a 60 gallon cube from someone on Facebook marketplace in Knoxville, Tn. It was not in very good condition as far as algae and no coral life. there were a few empty frag plugs stuck through out the tank with a crap load of hitch hikers. judging by the condition the guy was burnt out not having a lot of success. So I got a decent deal I suppose. It came with a Current Marine setup with two light bars, 3 DC wavemakers and a DC return pump, a decent skimmer, ATO, and a Eshopps RS-75 sump. I decided to do a full tear down and just start from scratch. I went with reef saver dry rock and Caribsea Aragalive sand. So here is a pic of day one.....
IMG_9411.JPG

So I have been taking one picture a month every month with not to much of a noticeable change other than algae. My wife added a few shells to have something in there in the beginning. It definitely has been a fun learning from everyone in the hobby, and especially BRS 52 weeks of reefing. I look forward to posting a build thread and upload everything else and share with all of you. So as of today I am almost 5 months in and have a few fish and inverts but no coral or anything yet. I did upgrade my light since then to get ready for when the time comes. I will be upgrading as I go due to the fact that I am not rich by far. LOL So any questions, comments, advice, or even any concerns would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. So here is my tank as of today.....

IMG_9945.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back