New to Reefing and R2R

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
morning,i'm really not a crab fan,jmo,but trohcus are little stronger to stay stuck ,and have ability to flip themselves quickly :)

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a bottle of the purple helix coralline algae about 2 months ago I see a few white spots around but not 100% sure its coralline
I takes a while. Just don’t give up. Takes some patience and hard work. Years ago I had a 75 gallon reef sps dominat. Nano tanks are a different beast for sure.

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Nice cube man.
ryan reynolds deadpool GIF

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my name is Will. I am from Nashville, TN. I bought a 60 gallon cube from someone on Facebook marketplace in Knoxville, Tn. It was not in very good condition as far as algae and no coral life. there were a few empty frag plugs stuck through out the tank with a crap load of hitch hikers. judging by the condition the guy was burnt out not having a lot of success. So I got a decent deal I suppose. It came with a Current Marine setup with two light bars, 3 DC wavemakers and a DC return pump, a decent skimmer, ATO, and a Eshopps RS-75 sump. I decided to do a full tear down and just start from scratch. I went with reef saver dry rock and Caribsea Aragalive sand. So here is a pic of day one.....
IMG_9411.JPG

So I have been taking one picture a month every month with not to much of a noticeable change other than algae. My wife added a few shells to have something in there in the beginning. It definitely has been a fun learning from everyone in the hobby, and especially BRS 52 weeks of reefing. I look forward to posting a build thread and upload everything else and share with all of you. So as of today I am almost 5 months in and have a few fish and inverts but no coral or anything yet. I did upgrade my light since then to get ready for when the time comes. I will be upgrading as I go due to the fact that I am not rich by far. LOL So any questions, comments, advice, or even any concerns would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. So here is my tank as of today.....

IMG_9945.JPG
Welcome to Reef2Reef! A great place to learn from others and meet people that are just as obsessed as yourself with such an amazing hobby!

If you are new and looking for possibly something to follow along with and check out my YouTube channel could be helpful in your journey in the saltwater hobby. Feel free to message me anytime too with questions you may have! Hope you get a chance to check out the channel, and let me know how you like it!

Again... Welcome!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back