New to reefing, help is appreciated haha

Alanna102499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i definitely will. Should have come here before even doing anything. :( just hoping I didn't muff these guys up. So a heater to maintain a constant 78 degrees would be a good idea, right? I have one and that being said I think I know the answer but I should go up slowly from the current temperature yeah?
Yes, use the heater, 78 if a goal use fans.
Like the advice said slow down a little (many learn this, I believe ;))
Most importantly Don’t get down on yourself! Now you know where to come, there is tons of great things to research!
80921B6C-A2A3-4AF4-BDD0-B4B3BC726744.gif

OP
OP
F

Freakycorpse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thank you for the kind words im definitely gunna use the heater with the fan to keep a constant. And i went to petco a few weeks prior with a high phosphate reading. They sold me. Phosguard pouch and said it would be OK. To leave in the tank. Thinking thats keeping the phosphate at 0ppm.gunna remove it tomorrow because it fell back where I cant reach with my tweezers. Also going to attach the air hose to my water pump because it has an attachment to infuse air into it hoping that will help for oxygen issues if having any. Lights off now so waiting for tomorrow to do anything. Will post again tomorrow after I get the phosguard out.

OP
OP
F

Freakycorpse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took out the phosguard pouch...it slipped deeper into the compartment it was in so that took a while getting out. A few hours. Cleaned the surface skimming filter. Put in the heater. Going to see about going in tomorrow maybe for a hose for the pump to add air for oxygen. Used a little less substrate. Put life rock in a line to kind of keep most the substrate in front half for the zoas. The parameters are the same. The Phospate shows to be between 0 and .25 PPM. And no fish anymore. Right now besides the coral its just 2 hermit crabs a few snails and a sand sifting sea star. Its always hidden so gorgot to mention yesterday.

20200809_123512.jpg

Back