New to reefing

lareef21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’m new to reefing currently running a 60gallon custom made tank with led lighting for fish I have a blue tang, powder brown tang, mandarin goby, green spotted goby and few softies but I think I a mistake I got a carpet anemone with a clown fish that’s already hosting it but the anemone ate both of my gobys so my question is if there’s anyone here that is willing to trade the anemone for a different smaller anemone or other type of soft corals? Thank you

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I’m new to reefing currently running a 60gallon custom made tank with led lighting for fish I have a blue tang, powder brown tang, mandarin goby, green spotted goby and few softies but I think I a mistake I got a carpet anemone with a clown fish that’s already hosting it but the anemone ate both of my gobys so my question is if there’s anyone here that is willing to trade the anemone for a different smaller anemone or other type of soft corals? Thank you
Hey! Welcome to Reef2Reef! Also welcome to the hobby!

As for the carpet nem... sadly they are quite the fish eaters.. Sorry to hear about the gobies. As for the trade you can/should probably start up a thread in the marketplace section and add in a location to possibly help you out with a possible trade! Best of luck! If you are interested and looking for some content to check out I have a YouTube channel that may be helpful for you in your beginning stages! YouTube link is linked in my signature!

OP
OP
L

lareef21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Welcome to Reef2Reef! Also welcome to the hobby!

As for the carpet nem... sadly they are quite the fish eaters.. Sorry to hear about the gobies. As for the trade you can/should probably start up a thread in the marketplace section and add in a location to possibly help you out with a possible trade! Best of luck! If you are interested and looking for some content to check out I have a YouTube channel that may be helpful for you in your beginning stages! YouTube link is linked in my signature!
Thank you reeferblane I’ll be checking out you channel tonight looking to get more educated on which nem is good that won’t eat the fish

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you reeferblane I’ll be checking out you channel tonight looking to get more educated on which nem is good that won’t eat the fish
Check out a Bubbletip Anemone! Try and find a captive cultivated one as well, they usually have the best success in tanks! Good luck!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't find a trade, most lfs will give store credit.
Welcome to r2r, sorry for the loss.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor gobies!!! Sorry for the loss.
Welcome to the group. Maybe you can post a trade in the Marketplace??

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back