Welcome! :)

Join Us Evil Dead GIF by filmeditor

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I was actually working on that right this instant! Trying to get some decent pictures of my fish, the Banggai is easy enough but the clowns act as if they have a fin in the grave from hunger when I stand by the tank, like getting a picture of bigfoot. They always act hungry!

CONGRATS on your build thread badge - I see it now - WAHOO!!!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping freshwater tanks for years, but over the past seven months I had wanted to start a saltwater tank. I finally bit the bullet back in August, and now that the tank has been running for almost two months I figured it was time to get out there and start meeting people in the hobby and sharing my progress!

I'm PandorasChalk, from Indiana (Central). On the freshwater side I am a huge fan of cherry shrimp, plants, and axolotls, but on the saltwater side I am finding corals are really calling to me. I love the variety of colors and movement they can add to a tank. I've had some pains (lost a banggai last week to my Ai Nero, was sucked against the protective grill overnight), but nothing crushing.

Quick Tank Equipment/Hardscape Facts:
- 9 Week Old Tank
- 14 Gallon Aqueon Frameless Tank with a random Marineland Stand
- Tidal 30 HOB with an Aqueon 100 watt heater
- Ai 3 Nero Powerhead
- Hipargeo 30w light
- Rock is Carbisea Liferock with Carbisea Live Sand

Stocking - Fish/Inverts
- 2 Wyoming White Clownfish
- 1 Banggai Cardinal
- 1 Blue Legged Hermit Crab
- 3 Trocha Snails

Corals (Just added over the past seven days, so some are being tempermental off and on)
- 1 Frag of Brown Warlock Zoas
- 1 (very small) frag of Pulsing White Pom Xenia which broke in half in shipping, so on two rocks in back of tank. No picture due to how small they are (seriously tiny).
- 1 Small Torch
- 1 Fungia Plate Coral (I think?)

My goal going forward is to work on more coral, and to slowly start upgrading equipment such as a better light and maybe add a small sump underneath. I am finding I love how zoas look, and a zoa garden I think would look great.

In any event, I am happy to be here! :)

image_123927839(2).JPG image_6487327.JPG image_123927839(1).JPG image_123927839.JPG
welcome to Reef2Reef!
836FDF1F-FA92-464F-AC08-38CE3EC43A48.jpeg

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping freshwater tanks for years, but over the past seven months I had wanted to start a saltwater tank. I finally bit the bullet back in August, and now that the tank has been running for almost two months I figured it was time to get out there and start meeting people in the hobby and sharing my progress!

I'm PandorasChalk, from Indiana (Central). On the freshwater side I am a huge fan of cherry shrimp, plants, and axolotls, but on the saltwater side I am finding corals are really calling to me. I love the variety of colors and movement they can add to a tank. I've had some pains (lost a banggai last week to my Ai Nero, was sucked against the protective grill overnight), but nothing crushing.

Quick Tank Equipment/Hardscape Facts:
- 9 Week Old Tank
- 14 Gallon Aqueon Frameless Tank with a random Marineland Stand
- Tidal 30 HOB with an Aqueon 100 watt heater
- Ai 3 Nero Powerhead
- Hipargeo 30w light
- Rock is Carbisea Liferock with Carbisea Live Sand

Stocking - Fish/Inverts
- 2 Wyoming White Clownfish
- 1 Banggai Cardinal
- 1 Blue Legged Hermit Crab
- 3 Trocha Snails

Corals (Just added over the past seven days, so some are being tempermental off and on)
- 1 Frag of Brown Warlock Zoas
- 1 (very small) frag of Pulsing White Pom Xenia which broke in half in shipping, so on two rocks in back of tank. No picture due to how small they are (seriously tiny).
- 1 Small Torch
- 1 Fungia Plate Coral (I think?)

My goal going forward is to work on more coral, and to slowly start upgrading equipment such as a better light and maybe add a small sump underneath. I am finding I love how zoas look, and a zoa garden I think would look great.

In any event, I am happy to be here! :)

image_123927839(2).JPG image_6487327.JPG image_123927839(1).JPG image_123927839.JPG

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 18

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back