0   0   0
GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it best to start a build thread in order to get advice or input? Just looking to get started in this forum and am not sure where to start.
Welcome to R2R , looks like you are off to a good start. Ask away anytime in the general forum or one of the topic specific forums. The build thread is there so you can strut your stuff and show off your tank.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it best to start a build thread in order to get advice or input? Just looking to get started in this forum and am not sure where to start.
If you are looking for advice, just ask questions in the appropriate forum livestock/filtration/whathaveyou. A build thread is good to get ongoing info for where your tank is, and what your plans are.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am two months into my first saltwater experience. I have been doing freshwater for over 10 years and wish I would have started saltwater earlier. My first tank is a fluval evo 13.5 and so far it is doing well, a lot to learn and research. Just wanted to say hello and thanks to everyone for I have learned a bunch from all of you.
Welcome!

Glad you joined. Looking forward to your build thread as you are several months already along. Mine is a helpful place to track my tank's evolution. I'm going back historically and adding, as I didn't start at the very beginning. They'll give you a badge when you do your build thread and link in your account (look left, under my ID).

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have questions needing answers, then post in Forum area(s). Otherwise, build thread... but there is no wrong answer and lots of right answers to this question <wink>

You'll get better/wider audience if you post questions in Forum applicable areas, and build thread people seem to look at less but I love having a place for my tank's history.

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get advice or input by posting in any of the related forums, but you tend to receive better, more tailored advice if you have a build thread that shows what you have -- plus we all learn from each other by seeing what choices others have made when building out their tanks.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back