New to saltwater aquarium

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Mark I just started my new tank and have been doing a lot of research to learn as much as I can about this hobby/lifestyle. I ran across this forum and read some things already. Seems like there is a lot of knowledge in here.
Welcome!

whale GIF

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Mark I just started my new tank and have been doing a lot of research to learn as much as I can about this hobby/lifestyle. I ran across this forum and read some things already. Seems like there is a lot of knowledge in here.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! A great place to learn from others and meet people that are just as obsessed as yourself with such an amazing hobby!

If you are new and looking for possibly something to follow along with and check out my YouTube channel could be helpful in your journey in the saltwater hobby. Feel free to message me anytime too with questions you may have! Hope you get a chance to check out the channel, and let me know how you like it!

Again... Welcome!

OP
OP
markp76

markp76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my test results for this evening. I now have the algae growing on top of the sand so I am thinking it’s diatoms eating the silicate it grows very fast as well.
Ph 8.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Cal 400
11 dkh
Phosphate 0
Specific gravity 1.024

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 18

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the world of saltwater, better yet welcome to the world of Reef2Reef! Ree2Reef is the worlds largest saltwater aquarium online platform and an amazing place to dive deep into information and reach out to people in the hobby that could possibly answer your questions!

Another great site to find dedicated reefers is on YouTube! I myself have started to grow my own channel in this past year and have had a lot of fun doing it! My channel could help you out in your introduction to the hobby, and honestly you could pick up some tips and tricks along the way! Hope you get a chance to check it out, and once again welcome to R2R!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back