New to Saltwater Aquariums

twolittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted a saltwater aquarium ever since I was a little girl and now as an early birthday present to myself I went and finally took the plunge lol

I am starting with a 38 gallon bow front aquarium. I have live sand and life rock from coralife which I built my first aquascape. Silly I know but I am so very proud of it .

A week ago today I added two of the most personable clownfish. I absolutely adore them!

I took the lid and lighting that came with my tank off and got the orbit lighting system which my two little fish seem to absolutely love.

My goal is to have a beautiful mixed reef tank.

2BD5AD3D-2C45-409F-AF5C-641551FDFB7D.jpeg B5D3B07D-3D83-4F82-92BA-0ABDAE25DF38.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
twolittlefish

twolittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! And no need to feel silly about being proud of your rock work. Hopefully you'll have many more proud moments to come!
Aww Thank you so much. I tired to take several things into consideration that this wasn’t just for me and my children to look at this was to be a home for our new aquatic family members.

This sounds crazy though I haven’t even finished establishing this tank and I am already having thoughts of another much bigger one like 125 gallons big lol

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww Thank you so much. I tired to take several things into consideration that this wasn’t just for me and my children to look at this was to be a home for our new aquatic family members.

This sounds crazy though I haven’t even finished establishing this tank and I am already having thoughts of another much bigger one like 125 gallons big lol

that’s how it is in this hobby lol

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not crazy at all... be warned you’re going to have a lot of encouragers here!

OP
OP
twolittlefish

twolittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s how it is in this hobby lol
Lol I have heard this my friend at work said she had 10 ten aquariums all freshwater though. She said that she heard saltwater were hard to take care of I said like keeping up with 10 aquariums lol freshwater or not that’s a lot of work

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back