New to saltwater around York PA

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m Adam from the York, PA area. I’ve been keeping freshwater tanks off and on for 20 years and last year decided to get into saltwater. I’ve been lurking on various FB pages and forums for a longtime but finally decided to start an account this morning. I’m getting ready to start a 10g AIO and eventually a 54g corner FOWLR. I took a spare 20L I had and started a bunch of dry rock the end of last summer. Also adopted a Citroen Clown Goby a few months ago and currently have him in a QT tank. So far everything has been going good with the exception of some hitchhikers from a piece of live rock I bought from my LFS to supplement and help seed my dry rock tank. Just posted a picture of one of the little beasties over in the hitchhiker page if anyone wants to check it out. Looking forward to experiencing this side of the hobby.
Welcome!

whale GIF

OP
OP
A

adamyj59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Thanks. I actually watched the whole BRS 365 days of reefing series prior to even filling a tank. But I’ll definitely check those resources out. Thanks.

VJM 21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! It’s good to hear from another reefer in York. If there’s anything I can help with, don’t hesitate to reach out.

On a side note, I’m curious as to which LFS you bought live rock from.

kingjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m Adam from the York, PA area. I’ve been keeping freshwater tanks off and on for 20 years and last year decided to get into saltwater. I’ve been lurking on various FB pages and forums for a longtime but finally decided to start an account this morning. I’m getting ready to start a 10g AIO and eventually a 54g corner FOWLR. I took a spare 20L I had and started a bunch of dry rock the end of last summer. Also adopted a Citroen Clown Goby a few months ago and currently have him in a QT tank. So far everything has been going good with the exception of some hitchhikers from a piece of live rock I bought from my LFS to supplement and help seed my dry rock tank. Just posted a picture of one of the little beasties over in the hitchhiker page if anyone wants to check it out. Looking forward to experiencing this side of the hobby.
Good to have you. I used to live in Lancaster, went to That Fish Place a lot. I guess its That Pet Place now.

OP
OP
A

adamyj59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! It’s good to hear from another reefer in York. If there’s anything I can help with, don’t hesitate to reach out.

On a side note, I’m curious as to which LFS you bought live rock from.
That fish place. Only local store I’m familiar with with saltwater stuff. Although their frag tank has looked pretty lousy every time I’ve been in lately.

VJM 21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish place. Only local store I’m familiar with with saltwater stuff. Although their frag tank has looked pretty lousy every time I’ve been in lately.
That’s what I thought. I didn’t realize that they seed their rock with pods.

The frag tank has looked pretty rough for some time, unfortunately.

Back