New to Saltwater, excited as well as cautious

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.... :)

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and excited to see/read more about your tank!

giphy.gif

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I just started setting up my saltwater aquarium. For now we have a 525gph canister filter ( hopefully sometime that will become a sump), we have T5 lighting, I have 2 power heads, an RODI system, instant ocean salt, live rock, a heater, live sand -80lbs and an 80 gallon Oceanic aquarium. No pictures yet. I have started a fishless cycle for now but I've had others in different places suggest buying 3-4 clowns to do a cycle with fish. I hope to finish adding the rest of the live sand tomorrow as I'm waiting on deliveries of this. I haven't taken pictures yet. Would love suggestions. My husband really wants a trigger fish but I don't think that's doable with this size tank is it?
Welcome, Lisa! You are on your way!! My first reef had a canister filter also. I actually loved it. That did a great job. Ultimately, it was undersized for the growing tanks but it is a good place to begin.
@HB AL has multiple triggers in his 90 gallon. He is a great guy to ask about adding triggers to a tank. Welcome to the fishy family!
big eyes fish GIF

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I just started setting up my saltwater aquarium. For now we have a 525gph canister filter ( hopefully sometime that will become a sump), we have T5 lighting, I have 2 power heads, an RODI system, instant ocean salt, live rock, a heater, live sand -80lbs and an 80 gallon Oceanic aquarium. No pictures yet. I have started a fishless cycle for now but I've had others in different places suggest buying 3-4 clowns to do a cycle with fish. I hope to finish adding the rest of the live sand tomorrow as I'm waiting on deliveries of this. I haven't taken pictures yet. Would love suggestions. My husband really wants a trigger fish but I don't think that's doable with this size tank is it?
Welcome to Reef2Reef! A great place to learn from others and meet people that are just as obsessed as yourself with such an amazing hobby!

If you are new and looking for possibly something to follow along with and check out my YouTube channel could be helpful in your journey in the saltwater hobby. Feel free to message me anytime too with questions you may have! Hope you get a chance to check out the channel, and let me know how you like it!

Again... Welcome!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back