New to Saltwater Hobby need help with my Aquatic Life Edge Led Marine Light

Aquanoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all new to the hobby and have a 75 Gallon tank with some fish and corals (listed below) and needed a better light and got a great deal on the Aquatic Life Edge Led but need some advice on the settings. It has presets to mimic lighting different oceans around the world and wondered what would be the best setting for my coral listed. I’m hoping someone has this light that’s figured it out Or under advanced settings on the App can tell me what the four color slides represent has listed as

Advanced Lighting Slides
B - I’m guessing blue spectrum
BR - not sure Red Maybe?
W - White
A - Attinic Blue Or Violet?

Light Presets
Hawaii
Caribbean
Great Barrier Reef
Mediterranean
Comoros
Okinawa

Fish
Pair of DiVinci Clownfish
3 Green Chromis
Blue Streak Goby
Yellow Watchman Goby
3 Bangi Cardinals
Scopus Tang
CUC - Hermits and Snails

Coral
Green Hammer Coral
Purple Hammer Coral
Duncan Coral
Green Star Polyp
Ricordia Mushroom
Clove Polyp

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don’t believe this fixture has an acclimation setting but go with the lowest light setting for acclimation purposes and slowly ramp up weekly

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light is this replacing? The edge isn't a very strong led light, each led is .5 watts, it just has a lot of them. I assume you have the standard 4ft 75gal tank. That light may not be strong enough to support the hammers and duncan if they are near the bottom of the tank. I have no personal experience with the light, so I could be very wrong.

OP
OP
A

Aquanoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light is this replacing? The edge isn't a very strong led light, each led is .5 watts, it just has a lot of them. I assume you have the standard 4ft 75gal tank. That light may not be strong enough to support the hammers and duncan if they are near the bottom of the tank. I have no personal experience with the light, so I could be very wrong.
Hi Opus I didn’t have a saltwater light I was running the tank without lighting for 3 months cycling then added fish without light then when I added the coral I was looking for a light and found this on Craigslist for $65 dollars and thought I would give it a shot. it had decent reviews and I was thinking that eventually I would buy a couple of Black Boxes because my budget starting out is pretty thin. Any suggestions on a budget friendly alternative?

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Opus I didn’t have a saltwater light I was running the tank without lighting for 3 months cycling then added fish without light then when I added the coral I was looking for a light and found this on Craigslist for $65 dollars and thought I would give it a shot. it had decent reviews and I was thinking that eventually I would buy a couple of Black Boxes because my budget starting out is pretty thin. Any suggestions on a budget friendly alternative?
I’m currently researching the Current Marine Orbit, 180$ for a 4 foot size tank. I have a 4 foot too, but my tank is a bit larger at 90 gallons

OP
OP
A

Aquanoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently researching the Current Marine Orbit, 180$ for a 4 foot size tank. I have a 4 foot too, but my tank is a bit larger at 90 gallons
Brooke I was looking at that light when I was considering buying a new light. What has your research turned up? Think it’s the way to go the price is not bad.

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brooke I was looking at that light when I was considering buying a new light. What has your research turned up? Think it’s the way to go the price is not bad.
I found some people saying it barely was a reef light, so I’m just gonna buy a reefbreeders 48 inch I guess.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back