welcome62.jpg

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI,

Nice to see a person nearby setting up a tank.

I live in Essex (near Price Chopper). In the process of setting up a WB 25 gal peninsula mini. 3+ months in the process. Used to have a 200 gal system many years ago. Still miss the angels, tangs, and butterflies. Some philosophies have changed since then. Been watching ReefBum chat video (lives near Sugarbush) for some guidance. Lots of prominent interviewees for the hobby. Finally caught the guy open at Green Mt. Corals in Waterbury Center for a few frags. Some interesting items. Not a lot else to choose from the area anymore. Found a place in Maine called Cultured Reef for 1st clowns and frags. Salty Bottom Reef provided some fun hermits, shrimps that seem quite healthy. Have an order from Dr. Quarantine for some more fish coming shortly.

Have fun. Enjoy the research process.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Vermont! I am brand new to saltwater but have had freshwater tanks over the years. Boy is it different! I was gifted a used, pre-drilled 75 gallon and have been reading posts for weeks on R2R. They have been so helpful and thought I should make it official and register! So far I'm loving my new hobby but I'm only at the stage of finishing my plumbing and playing around with my aquascape. I'm looking forward to getting water in the tank and exploring all that R2R has to offer!
Welcome to R2R! Look forward to hearing how things are going. You are early stage - all stages are FUN!

OP
OP
taulgrl

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI,

Nice to see a person nearby setting up a tank.

I live in Essex (near Price Chopper). In the process of setting up a WB 25 gal peninsula mini. 3+ months in the process. Used to have a 200 gal system many years ago. Still miss the angels, tangs, and butterflies. Some philosophies have changed since then. Been watching ReefBum chat video (lives near Sugarbush) for some guidance. Lots of prominent interviewees for the hobby. Finally caught the guy open at Green Mt. Corals in Waterbury Center for a few frags. Some interesting items. Not a lot else to choose from the area anymore. Found a place in Maine called Cultured Reef for 1st clowns and frags. Salty Bottom Reef provided some fun hermits, shrimps that seem quite healthy. Have an order from Dr. Quarantine for some more fish coming shortly.

Have fun. Enjoy the research process.
Hi hobie61,

Thanks so much for the info on where to get good fish and coral. I've been sourcing most of my equipment from the web and some stuff (stand, rocks, sand) from the folks in the next town over from me. I have been curious about online sources for fish and coral so I appreciate your info. There is also a place close to my mom in CT that has a whole room dedicated to frags that I am excited to go back to (in a few months or more!).

OP
OP
taulgrl

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Look forward to hearing how things are going. You are early stage - all stages are FUN!
That is so true. Yesterday my husband and I did a test run of our plumbing in the basement and everything worked! Drained the tank, moved everything upstairs and reconnected. Now on to perfecting (?) my aquascape and making ~75 gallons of RODI salt water

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait for those build thread photos!

Welcome to the R2R community and happy reefing!! :cool:

Welcome To The Team GIF by memecandy

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back