New to saltwater need friends lol .

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,
I'm new to saltwater just bought jbj 28. In Clarksville just looking for a community for advice and fun.
Are you guys mostly in Nashville?
I guess my first question is I bought used kessil a150 didn't realize this has no adjustment is this bad?
It's the ocean blue. I did get a great deal with flex arm thing. But after I got home and seen there's no adjustment. I feel like maybe I should look for something else.
I'm just wanting some fish and some coral nothing too special.
Thanks and nice to meet everyone.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what's up! I'm also in Clarksville...but, also just starting out in this hobby. Getting ready to plumb my system so I can finally get the cycle started! I'm sure there are others in Clarksville as well...

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! If you don't plan on any SPS coals, the A150 should be fine for your tank.

welcom.jpg

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Idoc! nice to meet you .yeah i'm still trying figure out if i want to buy water or buy RO DI system. where you getting water ?

I have an RODI unit already... need to set up a mixing station after the tank gets cycling. If you don't buy a system, you can get RODI and saltwater already mixed from Andrew over at Clarksville Reef and Reptile.

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an RODI unit already... need to set up a mixing station after the tank gets cycling. If you don't buy a system, you can get RODI and saltwater already mixed from Andrew over at Clarksville Reef and Reptile.
Yeah I been over there good people. Only wish they had more selection but costumer service is top notch.

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you already joined the MTRC? You'll meet several others in the area who also have aquariums.

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No how do i join.

I believe you can join online at mtrc.org website. I actually just attended one of the monthly meetings and joined on site. Connie last put out a message that the club was possibly getting together in July and then a cookout in August...but more info is pending on both those events. You can also probably private message Connie at her username to get more information as well: @ConnieHanson

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you can join online at mtrc.org website. I actually just attended one of the monthly meetings and joined on site. Connie last put out a message that the club was possibly getting together in July and then a cookout in August...but more info is pending on both those events. You can also probably private message Connie at her username to get more information as well: @ConnieHanson
Sounds good and once again thank you and everyone. Never don't this online forum thing but so far great experience!

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R has been a great resource in my learning curve as well. Knowing people locally is also always a good thing...definitely check out the MTRC. I just joined a few months ago, but only able to attend one meeting so far...but everyone at that meeting was very nice and helpful answering any questions I had at the time!

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R has been a great resource in my learning curve as well. Knowing people locally is also always a good thing...definitely check out the MTRC. I just joined a few months ago, but only able to attend one meeting so far...but everyone at that meeting was very nice and helpful answering any questions I had at the time!
I just found where to join and paid!!! i want to help support .

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back