New to SD

Tre719

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! New to reefing in the SD area and would love some tips on the best LFS around and places to get equipment. My old 55Gal was SHATTERED in my move to California so the wife FINALLY let me get a new one (Red Sea Max E260) any suggestions out there?

Bob3655

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef and San Diego. In my personal opinion, the best all around store would be Aquatic Warehouse, pretty much a one stop shop for anything and everything including a great plumbing selection and they can order pretty much anything you want. AquaSD has great coral, although they can be a bit pricey. They have pretty good deals on their online weekly sales in the forum. Be forewarned, depending on what section or what you get there's a pretty high chance you will get pests so be sure to quarantine your coral before adding to your display.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to San Diego !
Aqua SD for coral , high end generally but deals to be found , Will and the crew are pretty solid. Aquatic Waterhouse for gear and a lot larger fish selection and also coral. Pet kingdom , coral and fish. SD coral, for fish and coral. ( the club is meeting there soon in fact.) Check the FB site and here for meeting times etc. all about ten to 20 min from you.
There’s a couple up in Encinitas not a long way from us at Shipwreck cove. The love aquaruim is in poway , I haven’t been for years.
reefers garage in Oceanside is pretty bomb too. Worth the trip.

And yea, there’s a few great local hookups out here to, but.....

And welcome to reef2reef!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back