New to site - bringing 19 years of mistake making knowledge

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.

I think most of us in the hobby have, or will go thru rebuilds. You system looks great. Start a build thread if you like so we can watch the growth. i did it on my 180. have a whole year of change documented for me to look back on.

1587854029046.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - new to this site. Been in the reef keeping hobby for a little over 19 years (had freshwater fish my entire life)

My current 220, I've had up and running since 2005 - I'm currently going through my 3rd major rebuild with this. I can discuss upgrades and rebuilds from mistakes made along the way...but we'll leave that for another day.

Currently working through a major (and I mean major) majano, flatworm and GHA outbreak. Basically pulled some coral and rock from a local reefer that was getting out of the hobby - and didn't QT what went into my tank. Major lessons learned to say the least.

Here's what the display looked like 5 months ago. And just to show that I will not always show the pretty pictures.
majano%20outbreak.jpg

And through part of my 3rd rebuild, where I'm at now.
TankRebuild3_New%20Fish.jpg

Here's the display from a couple years ago - before taking on my latest problems.
Tank%20display%20140426.jpg

Orange%20Monti.jpg

RBTA.jpg

And the fishroom currently - black trashcan is holding the last of the rock going through treatment for majano and GHA.
Fish%20Room.jpg

Also, my Digital Aquatics system went bad - of course with them out of business, I'm out ~ $1500 in equipement that was tied to it. Just invested in a new APEX Neptune system. Excuse the wiring, as I'm still working on the install.
Apex%20Neptune.jpg

Specs as follows:
Current tank is a 220 gallon in-wall with 90 gallon sump/fuge
50 gallon RODI holding tank
45 gallon auto salt mixing tank
34 gallon RODI auto top off
40 gallon breeder QT

Equipment as follows:
Reeflo Dart main pump
Precision Kalk reactor
PM Nitrate Reactor
My Reef Creations CR-2 Calcium Reactor
BRS GFO/Carbon Reactor
Phosban Reactor for additional carbon
Modified Vipar Lighting
Modified Reefkeeper Octopus skimmer
IceCap 4K Gyre pumps
Apex Neptune

The clowns I have are over 18 years old - the yellow tank I got just over 16 years ago. So some things do go well.

Outside of the fishies - I have 2 German Shepherds which are great companions...and I'm a little into cars. Typically hang out on various car forums...

Needless - happy to be here. Happy to answer questions if you need a 'what not to do' perspective. :)

Joe
Welcome to R2R. Hope everything gets back to normal. Nice tanks.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back