new to tank building

pmhearns12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found a steal of a deal on Offerup some weeks ago, for a freshwater build... but i have some questions. regardless of it being freshwater....

brand-new marineland canister filter, 5lb co2 tank with heating regulator, stand, bar light and a 55gal tank with stand for 40$!!!

the tank needs to be rebuilt. the glass is 3/8" thick, so its 48" by 12.75" outside dims. the braces/frames were all cracked and broken, the silicone was mended in several places and leaked. but i couldn't pass 40$! I disassembled the tank completely and have been searching for new frame. I have only ever messed with frameless tanks so knowing where to look for a frame and what exactly I need isn't knowledge I have. I'd love some guidance regarding novice tank building. Please send some help.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef.. :)
honestly cheaper and no work ,just buy a new 55, between frames,silicone ,prob same cost..:)
and no worries about leaks..;)

OP
OP
P

pmhearns12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi welcome to the reef.. :)
honestly cheaper and no work ,just buy a new 55, between frames,silicone ,prob same cost..:)
and no worries about leaks..;)
Thank you for the reply.

After i read your post i went back and looked at several tank options.. several of them were brand new 55s for around 150$. now finding silicone, i spent 50$ already on 2 tubes.. and the few frame options i found ar about 40-60 each which i need 2. so that alone is new tank cost.

Will be returning the silicone and buying a new tank this weekend instead. haha... Thank you!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the reply.

After i read your post i went back and looked at several tank options.. several of them were brand new 55s for around 150$. now finding silicone, i spent 50$ already on 2 tubes.. and the few frame options i found ar about 40-60 each which i need 2. so that alone is new tank cost.

Will be returning the silicone and buying a new tank this weekend instead. haha... Thank you!
wow..150 $ for a 55?? o_Olook around ,i'm sure you can find one under 100$ ??;)

Back