New to the Aquariums/Reefing world

PierreCo31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

My name is Pierre and I am new to the saltwater aquarium world. I am currently setting up my first FOWLR 90Gal tank sized and designed to easily move to reefing if I manage to run the FO tank successfully for a few months.

I have been gathering quite a lot of info on R2R and hopefully I can start the cycling of the tank in May, as I am currently thinking about the aquascaping part.

Current setup: 90Gal reef-ready tank, RedFlex 4-in-1 200 Sump, Nyos 120 Protein Skimmer, Sicce Silent 4.0, Maxspect Gyre xf330 and Neptune APEX. Will probably start progressively with a couple clownfish, royal gramma and 1 yellow tang (store told me it is fine for 90Gal, hopefully they are right and I won't have to rehome it).

Looking forward to sharing information and ideas on the forum!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Pierre to R2R. I'd suggest starting a Member's Tank thread so that we can see your progress and you can chronicle your build.

#WelcometoR2R

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

My name is Pierre and I am new to the saltwater aquarium world. I am currently setting up my first FOWLR 90Gal tank sized and designed to easily move to reefing if I manage to run the FO tank successfully for a few months.

I have been gathering quite a lot of info on R2R and hopefully I can start the cycling of the tank in May, as I am currently thinking about the aquascaping part.

Current setup: 90Gal reef-ready tank, RedFlex 4-in-1 200 Sump, Nyos 120 Protein Skimmer, Sicce Silent 4.0, Maxspect Gyre xf330 and Neptune APEX. Will probably start progressively with a couple clownfish, royal gramma and 1 yellow tang (store told me it is fine for 90Gal, hopefully they are right and I won't have to rehome it).

Looking forward to sharing information and ideas on the forum!
HI Pierre and Welcome!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I wish I had started mine sooner so I could have evolution of my tank documented for myself. I'm going back historically and capturing. Also, when you make your first build thread post, you get a badge like I have on the left

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back