New to the area/looking for stand/table

Mandarin Bay Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What up everyone! My wife and I just moved cross country to Newport Beach and I am trying to get acclimated to the area. What are the better shops to check out for product and corals? Any reefing clubs around for me to join? And because we only could take what we could fit in our vehicles, I am currently without a stand and/or table for my 14 gal. setup. Does anyone know or have one available for sale? Thanks! Look forward to hearing from yall!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there!! You've just found one of the BEST clubs (this is the SCMAS forum)!

We meet on the 3rd Friday of every month.

Will you be attending Reef A Palooza this weekend? That would honestly be a great time to meet the club and check out area (and out-of-the-area) vendors.

As for local stores, I'll let others chime in bc I don't really know what's around the Newport Beach area since I'm a bit to your north in Ontario. I'm happy to recommend the ones I like in OC and LA, but they may be a bit of a drive.

I'll look around and see if I can find a table or stand here in my house/garage. I'm sure I have something around here somewhere that could be used for a 14g...

OP
OP
Mandarin Bay Aquatics

Mandarin Bay Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!! You've just found one of the BEST clubs (this is the SCMAS forum)!

We meet on the 3rd Friday of every month.

Will you be attending Reef A Palooza this weekend? That would honestly be a great time to meet the club and check out area (and out-of-the-area) vendors.

As for local stores, I'll let others chime in bc I don't really know what's around the Newport Beach area since I'm a bit to your north in Ontario. I'm happy to recommend the ones I like in OC and LA, but they may be a bit of a drive.

I'll look around and see if I can find a table or stand here in my house/garage. I'm sure I have something around here somewhere that could be used for a 14g...
Thanks for looking! I will definitely attend the meeting on Friday .. as for RAP idk if I'll be able to find time to attend. We just moved a week and a half ago and we are still getting situated here. I look forward to the meeting though!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool deal. They'll post an announcement for the next meeting. I hope you can make RAP at least for a little while. It'll be awesome, but I totally understand the moving situation. :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back