New to the club

StarshipReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice to see another custom cabinetry man we work as the finishing department managers at Mcdonald custom cabinetry out of hendersonville tn . Welcome to the club and the reefing world

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just giving you a hard time. Part of me almost misses my DIY metal halide fixtures!
I know. I have tried T5, LED, LED T5, and MH T5, and MH T5 is by far my best choice especially for acros. I hope the LED strips I add will give more pop on my colors.
Lighting choicees are so broad now that it is hard to decide. I chose all 3, but I only have 2 ATM. Surprisingly my electric bill didn't go up much at all with MH. I run 3 250 watt for 6 hours a day with T5 running 12 I think.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. I have tried T5, LED, LED T5, and MH T5, and MH T5 is by far my best choice especially for acros. I hope the LED strips I add will give more pop on my colors.
Lighting choicees are so broad now that it is hard to decide. I chose all 3, but I only have 2 ATM. Surprisingly my electric bill didn't go up much at all with MH. I run 3 250 watt for 6 hours a day with T5 running 12 I think.
Yeah, it probably won't go up much. Whatever heat is generated by the lights and absorbed by the aquarium is heat that doesn't need to be supplied by the heater. The big myth with LEDs is that you will save electricity with them....that's just not true. I have a heater that runs most of the year to offset heat that is not produced by lighting.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it probably won't go up much. Whatever heat is generated by the lights and absorbed by the aquarium is heat that doesn't need to be supplied by the heater. The big myth with LEDs is that you will save electricity with them....that's just not true. I have a heater that runs most of the year to offset heat that is not produced by lighting.
So true.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry wasn't trying to hijack thread, just wanted to get some lighting opinions your way. LOL. Glad you are aboard. This community is really nice when we have people posting, Unfortunately lately it seems most post on FB groups which are terrible IMO. So much bad info compared to forum. Hope we can help you or argue with respect. LOL

OP
OP
MikeyLikesit

MikeyLikesit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I don’t know why I didn’t get email alerts from this thread, I never “unwatched it”

I met another MTRC member last Saturday! Within 5 hours, he’s a got a new wrap for his stand!

Grain Matched “Graphite Oak”

nice to see another custom cabinetry man we work as the finishing department managers at Mcdonald custom cabinetry out of hendersonville tn . Welcome to the club and the reefing world
Thank you!

B081CEDE-9D57-481E-BE7A-81040107B87A.jpeg 95BCB6EE-DBDC-4B68-B14C-2E1080EA6F1F.jpeg

OP
OP
MikeyLikesit

MikeyLikesit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry wasn't trying to hijack thread, just wanted to get some lighting opinions your way. LOL. Glad you are aboard. This community is really nice when we have people posting, Unfortunately lately it seems most post on FB groups which are terrible IMO. So much bad info compared to forum. Hope we can help you or argue with respect. LOL

I ordered the SN reef sprite!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back