New to the forum and hobby from Dela-where?

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome 1.jpg

OP
OP
krbshappy71

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've named my new tank that I haven't even purchased yet. "A Slice of Guam" One of my daughters is stationed there in the Navy and we visited last year. I wish I could teleport there! This weekend we are planning to visit CTE Aquatics store in MD. It looks like I missed the Philly Splash event for this year, whoops! But I'll watch for it next year, thank you for mentioning it. @VB313 yes I agree the DE fish stores up north at least leave a lot to be desired, but they'll be ok for emergency situations maybe. My latest dilemma: go big (120 gal) but basement level or go small (40 cube) and living room level. Still on the fence and still reading as much as I can, watching videos here, etc. This forum is amazing, thanks again to everyone here for this site and the warm welcome.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Lancaster frag swap is next weekend. Probly 90 min for you, but be honest, you're spending 90 min a night binging youtube! https://www.reefconservationsociety.org/events.html

I'll be there with wife and kids

Lots of tanks there to look at, just so you can wrap your mind around the dimensions.
another great resource and occasional tank breakdown sales is the Del Reefers FB group

Also, fragstofishes.com, is a local hobbyist turned FT business who runs an online auction and small retail shop out of an addition to his home. He often has used systems for sale, or knows of people who do. My setup came from him.

Make sure you apply for the rewards program at TPP/TFP before you check out. Usually at least 15-20% off. Suggs when u realize that AFTER you made your "Screwww It" big purchase!

OP
OP
krbshappy71

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Lancaster frag swap is next weekend. Probly 90 min for you, but be honest, you're spending 90 min a night binging youtube! https://www.reefconservationsociety.org/events.html

I'll be there with wife and kids

Lots of tanks there to look at, just so you can wrap your mind around the dimensions.
another great resource and occasional tank breakdown sales is the Del Reefers FB group

Also, fragstofishes.com, is a local hobbyist turned FT business who runs an online auction and small retail shop out of an addition to his home. He often has used systems for sale, or knows of people who do. My setup came from him.

Make sure you apply for the rewards program at TPP/TFP before you check out. Usually at least 15-20% off. Suggs when u realize that AFTER you made your "Screwww It" big purchase!
Thank you! For anyone else, the site is https://frags2fishes.com/ , pretty! The two dates on frag swap won't work for us unless current calendar items get canceled but that is really cool. Wow to that PA school tank, that is amazing, what an endeavor.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back