New to the forum, Excited to get "deeper" into the hobby!

thephotographydork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started the aquarium hobby 3 years ago, started with freshwater tanks and helping a co worker set up his, we traded plants and shrimp constantly. About a year ago I got a saltwater tank, it is a 6.8 gal "Imagitarium Frameless Freshwater Aquarium" from petco. I actually have two of these, the other one is a freshwater iwagumi style tank. I call them the Twins.
The Twins.jpg
The saltwater tank is about a year old and 3 months ago I started adding coral. Live stock is a single clownfish and clean up crew. Its been a chalange keeping a less than 7 gallon tank. So after a year of success, im ready to start a bigger tank.
PXL_20210111_011022690.MP.jpg
The coral all seem to be doing fine. most will get moved to my new tank, the 32 biocube.
I picked it up 2 months ago without a hood and with a AI prime sol for $200 at my LFS "(1) Summit City Coral | Facebook"
$200 for tank and light.jpg
I stained a wood stand
IMG_20201020_1856572.jpg
and cleaned up the tank and removed the rim because the tank was missing the hood.
Cleaned up.jpg
Did some custom rockwork based on the BRSTV NSA video "
PXL_20210104_215805085.jpg
I then proceeded to fill and cycle the tank with fritz 9 and ammonia dossing. Put my first live stock in today, a pair of frostbite clowns from my LFS.
PXL_20210110_204507124.MP.jpg

~`haven't thought of any names yet

Excited to learn more and share my progress.

New2Reefn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started the aquarium hobby 3 years ago, started with freshwater tanks and helping a co worker set up his, we traded plants and shrimp constantly. About a year ago I got a saltwater tank, it is a 6.8 gal "Imagitarium Frameless Freshwater Aquarium" from petco. I actually have two of these, the other one is a freshwater iwagumi style tank. I call them the Twins.
The Twins.jpg
The saltwater tank is about a year old and 3 months ago I started adding coral. Live stock is a single clownfish and clean up crew. Its been a chalange keeping a less than 7 gallon tank. So after a year of success, im ready to start a bigger tank.
PXL_20210111_011022690.MP.jpg
The coral all seem to be doing fine. most will get moved to my new tank, the 32 biocube.
I picked it up 2 months ago without a hood and with a AI prime sol for $200 at my LFS "(1) Summit City Coral | Facebook"
$200 for tank and light.jpg
I stained a wood stand
IMG_20201020_1856572.jpg
and cleaned up the tank and removed the rim because the tank was missing the hood.
Cleaned up.jpg
Did some custom rockwork based on the BRSTV NSA video "
PXL_20210104_215805085.jpg
I then proceeded to fill and cycle the tank with fritz 9 and ammonia dossing. Put my first live stock in today, a pair of frostbite clowns from my LFS.
PXL_20210110_204507124.MP.jpg

~`haven't thought of any names yet

Excited to learn more and share my progress.

Welcome! You are in good hands here. I am new also (3 months in) Every question I have had so far I found in the forums already answered

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. New tank looks good. Keeping a small tank can definitely be a challenge, but you seem to have done a good job with it.

Love the open aquascape and the clowns. Keep sharing and asking questions.

Edit... Just noticed that you are somewhat close to me. I am about an hour away from Fort Wayne. If you need anything hit me up here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back