New to the hobby Atlanta area

saltienewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I’ve been reading through the forums for a month or so and have decided to join. Found this place through the BRS video series and love reading here in my spare time.
I’m an accomplished freshwater keeper and aquascaper, but am looking to move into marine keeping over the next year.
My wife and I are redoing an enclosed porch, and I’m looking for tips as far as what refinishing can be done to assist in placing a system if you could change the room in any way you wanted(wiring, floor type, bracing, etc.)
After being intrigued by the reefer 170 I’ve now convinced myself that I would actually prefer a g2 250 over the long run. Would love to hear opinions or alternative setups. Will mostly grow softies to begin and my stocking will begin with a pair of clowns and some shrimp most of my freshwater setups have amanos and neos.

would love to hear some opinions on whether buying equipment piecemeal then the tank when ready or just saving until they are all ready to setup. What equipment you look to buy used vs new etc.

As I said, my timeline is to have it ready to setup after the refinishing of the house, which will be 6-10 months from now. Thanks in advance

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Personally I prefer to spread out the purchases for a tank. Usually the tank first and then other items a few at a time. That way I can research items and then re-research based on what I have already acquired. Sometimes I find that I change my mind on an anticipated purchase once I play around with what I have already purchased. The only time I would but everything at once would be if I was getting a screaming-great discount for a package deal.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back