CLICK TO VIEW LIVESTREAM

Soccerion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone, from Rochester, Minnesota (where we don’t have any LFS - aside from Petco, so I have to make a 1.5 hour drive up to Minneapolis to see anything exciting and healthy).

I’m new to saltwater tanks (since April 2019). Below you’ll find a pic of my Red Sea 350. I have “Real Reef Rock” in the tank - I tried to create caves and areas for the fish to hang out (as they are all quite isolated fish, except for my clownfish- they are most interactive and like to explore. I currently have one of the red sea 90 led (plan to get another one in a few weeks).

My current stock:
2 PJ Cardinals
1 Tomini (Flame Fin) Tang
2 Clownfish

I did a QT process for all the fish. Everyone is getting along quite well, but they’re a bit should I say, “inactive” (I really mean to say boring, but that sounds so wrong to say). Any other suggestions for bright/colorful fish that are fun to watch?

The current fish usually stay on the left side of the tank; is this normal?!?

My tank looks a little sad - like it’s understocked- any recommendations would be appreciated. (I’m waiting until September/October to introduce coral- so I need fish that aren’t going to nip or eat coral).

By the way, this site really helped me navigate everything from cycling, QT’ing - it’s awesome to see a group of people come together and support each other!

Thanks in advance to those who provide any recommendations!

400DB943-B9E5-4FDB-9DFB-848C804C10AC.jpeg
I am also from Rochester and have the same issues with no LFS. I am new to reefing in general. Do you know of any clubs in or around the SE Minnesota area?

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Hopefully you’re enjoying all the resources on R2R

SteveMac84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone, from Rochester, Minnesota (where we don’t have any LFS - aside from Petco, so I have to make a 1.5 hour drive up to Minneapolis to see anything exciting and healthy).

I’m new to saltwater tanks (since April 2019). Below you’ll find a pic of my Red Sea 350. I have “Real Reef Rock” in the tank - I tried to create caves and areas for the fish to hang out (as they are all quite isolated fish, except for my clownfish- they are most interactive and like to explore. I currently have one of the red sea 90 led (plan to get another one in a few weeks).

My current stock:
2 PJ Cardinals
2 Clownfish

I did a QT process for all the fish. Everyone is getting along quite well, but they’re a bit should I say, “inactive” (I really mean to say boring, but that sounds so wrong to say). Any other suggestions for bright/colorful fish that are fun to watch?

My tank looks a little sad - like it’s understocked- any recommendations would be appreciated. (I’m waiting until September/October to introduce coral- so I need fish that aren’t going to nip or eat coral).

By the way, this site really helped me navigate everything from cycling, QT’ing - it’s awesome to see a group of people come together and support each other!

Welcome. Enjoy the journey.

Tidal Gardens

pinkyfilters

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

My current stock:
2 PJ Cardinals
2 Clownfish

Welcome to R2R

AquaCave Logo Banner

How many different food items do you feed your fish?

• Only one food

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • 2 Foods

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • 3 Foods

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 4 Foods

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • 5+ Different Foods

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • 10+ Different Foods

Votes: 14 21.9%