New to the hobby - from Rochester, Minnesota

Soccerion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, from Rochester, Minnesota (where we don’t have any LFS - aside from Petco, so I have to make a 1.5 hour drive up to Minneapolis to see anything exciting and healthy).

I’m new to saltwater tanks (since April 2019). Below you’ll find a pic of my Red Sea 350. I have “Real Reef Rock” in the tank - I tried to create caves and areas for the fish to hang out (as they are all quite isolated fish, except for my clownfish- they are most interactive and like to explore. I currently have one of the red sea 90 led (plan to get another one in a few weeks).

My current stock:
2 PJ Cardinals
1 Tomini (Flame Fin) Tang
2 Clownfish

I did a QT process for all the fish. Everyone is getting along quite well, but they’re a bit should I say, “inactive” (I really mean to say boring, but that sounds so wrong to say). Any other suggestions for bright/colorful fish that are fun to watch?

The current fish usually stay on the left side of the tank; is this normal?!?

My tank looks a little sad - like it’s understocked- any recommendations would be appreciated. (I’m waiting until September/October to introduce coral- so I need fish that aren’t going to nip or eat coral).

By the way, this site really helped me navigate everything from cycling, QT’ing - it’s awesome to see a group of people come together and support each other!

Thanks in advance to those who provide any recommendations!

400DB943-B9E5-4FDB-9DFB-848C804C10AC.jpeg
I am also from Rochester and have the same issues with no LFS. I am new to reefing in general. Do you know of any clubs in or around the SE Minnesota area?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hopefully you’re enjoying all the resources on R2R

AngiGiles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm near Albert Lea. How exciting to learn their are folks around me! Can't wait to meet some of you!

SteveMac84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, from Rochester, Minnesota (where we don’t have any LFS - aside from Petco, so I have to make a 1.5 hour drive up to Minneapolis to see anything exciting and healthy).

I’m new to saltwater tanks (since April 2019). Below you’ll find a pic of my Red Sea 350. I have “Real Reef Rock” in the tank - I tried to create caves and areas for the fish to hang out (as they are all quite isolated fish, except for my clownfish- they are most interactive and like to explore. I currently have one of the red sea 90 led (plan to get another one in a few weeks).

My current stock:
2 PJ Cardinals
2 Clownfish

I did a QT process for all the fish. Everyone is getting along quite well, but they’re a bit should I say, “inactive” (I really mean to say boring, but that sounds so wrong to say). Any other suggestions for bright/colorful fish that are fun to watch?

My tank looks a little sad - like it’s understocked- any recommendations would be appreciated. (I’m waiting until September/October to introduce coral- so I need fish that aren’t going to nip or eat coral).

By the way, this site really helped me navigate everything from cycling, QT’ing - it’s awesome to see a group of people come together and support each other!

Welcome. Enjoy the journey.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community! That's a beautiful tank! I look forward to seeing more of your setup. :)

pinkyfilters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My current stock:
2 PJ Cardinals
2 Clownfish

Welcome to R2R

Back