Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, from the Midwest. I'm currently setting up my first salt water tank. I'm devouring everyone's knowledge. Appreciate all your provided advice, and wisdom. :)
You came to the right place. We have some very knowledgeable members and everyone seems more than happy to help. Good luck with your new tank!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
101! Diving into saltwater is a bit intimidating...

At the moment I can't decide on a skimmer (52 gallon), or the direction I should go in lighting. I'm much more read up on lights.
Well your budget will help guide you on these issues ;) There are a lot of great skimmers that can handle a 55 and lights are all over the place. If your thinking LEDs consider starting off with some black box leds - @saltyfilmfolks and many others run them with great success and they are very reasonably priced. T5s are another good option and retro fit kits for a 55 shouldn't be too expensive. Personally I would stay away from MH as a newbe. If you like MH (I do and run them on my SPS tank) make sure you are ready to invest in a chiller if you cant control the temperature (not always a problem). Don't get me wrong, they are awesome lights and second to none with respect to growth but there is that extra expense to consider.

Doug 7727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not new to r2r but like in this post I'm starting my first saltwater reef tank and it's a 65gallon tall tank got a kollercraft Tom rapids pro rp3 wet dry filter with built-in protein skimmer and a auto top off 2 300 watt heaters 40lbs of live sand and 40lbs of dry rock a current USA orbit marine LED programmable light I think I have it covered but not sure so glad this post came across my feed

Doug 7727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not new to r2r but like in this post I'm starting my first saltwater reef tank and it's a 65gallon tall tank got a kollercraft Tom rapids pro rp3 wet dry filter with built-in protein skimmer and a auto top off 2 300 watt heaters 40lbs of live sand and 40lbs of dry rock a current USA orbit marine LED programmable light I think I have it covered but not sure so glad this post came across my feed
a420ab914e8b4b0b8028bc149a2d46f5.jpg
281b83029767d58af533f1c4678c5116.jpg

Pics of the new tank by the old one waiting on my filtration system, lighting, and live sand and rocks and then game on

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey I was wondering what other fish besides clowns you are looking at? I think you might really like a Tailspot Blenny too. If you decide you like them I have barnacles I can send ya.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back