New to the Hobby...Three Weeks into a 32G Biocube Setup...What do you think?

OP
OP
paulhinrichsen

paulhinrichsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a solid setup!

Picked up a Blood Red Shrimp and a Cleaner Shrimp along with 6 Cerith Snails today...take a look

IMG_7003.JPG

Tarpongriller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I too live in the Tampa Bay Area. Not sure if you have been to Corral Coral behind Lowes on Tampa rd/racetrack rd. Great group of guys there that are very helpful. Pretty much price match items too. Just bought my new 120 Deep Blue from them 6 months ago. The best of luck to you. Looks like you are doing it right.

OP
OP
paulhinrichsen

paulhinrichsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I too live in the Tampa Bay Area. Not sure if you have been to Corral Coral behind Lowes on Tampa rd/racetrack rd. Great group of guys there that are very helpful. Pretty much price match items too. Just bought my new 120 Deep Blue from them 6 months ago. The best of luck to you. Looks like you are doing it right.

i havent, i leave near ybor so i have been going to marine warehouse and creative aquariums of tampa

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a few big decisions today, I purchased Steve's LED upgrade for the Biocube today..it was on a mega sale and i figured i might as well go for it. I also am having him cut a hole in the hood so i can fit the protein skimmer in Chamber 1. Has anyone does this? Also, i purchased in the intank Media basket, dosed my water with OceanMagik and added a 16oz pouch of copepods in there.

You willl love it

OP
OP
paulhinrichsen

paulhinrichsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today the blood red shrimp either killed the cleaner shrimp, or the cleaner shrimp got itself squished in between rocks and the blood red shrimp started to pick at its dead body. It was alive when i went to work 10 hours ago, so seems rather odd. My protein skimmer was sending in crazy amounts of microbubbles in the water through the return pump, im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i havent, i leave near ybor so i have been going to marine warehouse and creative aquariums of tampa
I love creative, great prices but on the smaller end. Coral Corral is more than worth the 30-45 minute road trip out there. It's basically a free aquarium haha.

Looks like you're doing alright. You'll have to look into other lighting options once you get addicted to growing coral.

OP
OP
paulhinrichsen

paulhinrichsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love creative, great prices but on the smaller end. Coral Corral is more than worth the 30-45 minute road trip out there. It's basically a free aquarium haha.

Looks like you're doing alright. You'll have to look into other lighting options once you get addicted to growing coral.

i went out to coral corral on friday, it was awesome!

Back