New to the site, and currently have a 20g nano tank

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, currently have a 20 gallon that I'm planning to upgrade int he next year, decided that while I'm in the planning process, ask question and of course more research to help correct what I thought I did wrong when i started my 20 gallon nano

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Please share pics of your 20 :)

#WelcometoR2R
Wtr2r55.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

TreasureChest.gif

Yep, this place is like finding a treasure chest! Ask away!

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Please share pics of your 20 :)

#WelcometoR2R
Wtr2r55.gif

Will do, currently overseas and thousands of miles from the tank but I have some pics saved on my phone, and access to be able to get pics, as for the new build that will prolly be within the year, going to go from the 20g I have to a waterbox aquariums frag 60.3 i wanna stick with a mixed reef, shallow reef style tank, it'll double display volume, and basically my total water volume compared to my current system

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)
You've come to the right place!

Your equipment list will depend on what you plan to have in your tank. Tell us more...

Currently the upgrade list is gonna follow suit of a Waterbox aquariums Frag 60.3 +plus edition, and the main guts of equipment I'm gonna rock off of their blueprint set up. have not blindly followed it, but have researched and reviewed the equipment. I'm excited to go for a massive upgrade in terms of equipment and tank size (mostly tank size), and in turn getting rid of the red planaria fight I currently have going on, those things are worse than zombies lol. I'm also trying my best to avoid using chemical treatment. The few corals I currently keep in my 20g, will be getting a coral rx dip, and vigorous rinse, to avoid transferring the red planaria.

and with the waterbox instead of the Nyos quantum reactor they put into the blue print list, I'm heavily looking at the Reef Octopus esSence s-130, the reviews I've read for both have them being quite liked, the idea of how easy the Reef Octopus is set up and easily broken down for maintenance is a plus for me.

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, currently have a 20 gallon that I'm planning to upgrade int he next year, decided that while I'm in the planning process, ask question and of course more research to help correct what I thought I did wrong when i started my 20 gallon nano
Well you've come to the right place. Reef2Reef has a TON of really cool members that spend a crazy amount of time helping other people:)
Hope you do well with your system, that's what makes it fun!
Oh yeah, and Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!!!

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a place here where I can post up a list of equipment for the upgrade I'm planning? and I can work up a current tank profile and share some old pics and what pics I currently have.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a place here where I can post up a list of equipment for the upgrade I'm planning? and I can work up a current tank profile and share some old pics and what pics I currently have.

Yes...I would suggest starting a build thread. It's a great place to share your tank journey with us and more importantly look back at your own progress. It's also a good spot to ask specific questions. There is a red link below my signature line to the members tank forum.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back