New to the Site, Diving in the Red Sea

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude the videos are da bomb!!

I really liked the sea turtle eating a soft coral...

I guess no sea turtles for me since they are not reef safe. :D

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sea turtle was out day 1, my second dive. Saw her in the distance and I turn around at one point and there she was, right up next to my fin. Floated up above her and she just started chomping on this soft coral head as I was taking a video, perfect all around. Wish I knew a little bit more about my camera then so I could have gotten a great photo of her close up.

No worries, glad you all enjoyed those photos and videos!

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have anything in 1440x900? I am strictly looking for desktop wallpaper, and would not be using the pics for anything else!!

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish hiding under the table is a great vid, very nice-thanks

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go for it, the diving is awesome and you can hit some pretty sweet spots in the Caribbean for much cheaper. There won't be as many acros, if any, but everything else is there in force as well.

No worries Stixbacca, almost all the pictures are 4000x3000 so scaling down won't be a problem. All of the cropped pictures should still be in excess of 1440x900. Just let me know what picture you'd want and I'll email it to you as photobucket scales them down automatically.

No worries Keeperz, that coral was awesome and inspiring of a real simple yet impressive tank setup.

The lionfish video is from a night dive. From what I understand is that sometimes at night you'll turn around and 10 or 20 will be following you because their attracted to the light... pretty happy that didn't happen to me as the only way the go away is if you shut off your lights and wait.. oh and hope they don't run into you in the dark. :D

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic thread! I just got back from the Dominican, and the reef we went snorkeling on was almost all dead. Glad to see that there are a few live reefs left.

Thank you for sharing!!!!

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Poseidon, I'm hoping to do some diving in the Caribbean later this year. I have a buddy who was a dive master down there for a few years so I hope that he can hook me up with some lesser known spots that still have some life. Its always sad to hear that a area is doing badly but one thing that I've seen in a number of places is that nature can bounce back pretty quick once its given a opening, hopefully it will down there as well.

Thanks for you interest!

oh and photographer? Do you have a artist website I can check out?

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that Stixbaraca, I tried before and the files were to large to send from my online email account. I'll give it another shot over a couple emails.

No worries Poseidon, like the shots. How do you like smugmug? I'm thinking of switching over to it.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE Smugmug!!! There are some quirks, but I can set my own pricing for selling prints, I have UNLIMITED storage, and I can customize my site until my heart is content! (Or until my fingers are RAW.) I can give you a code for $5 off if you want...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back