New to the Site, Diving in the Red Sea

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The print quality is FANTASTIC! They offer glossy (yuck) Matte (better) and Lustre finishes. You can also get canvas prints, posters, and of course the usual trinkets. I'll PM you that $5 off coupon.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates bro??

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm back in Sharm and I'm actually on the last day of my trip. Thanks the David's invitation I thought I would share my pictures here.

This year my pictures are a little different. Thanks to Jnarowe's idea all the images below are now hotlink-ed to their respective place in my gallery where higher quality images and prints are available. All you have to do is click on an image you like and it should take you back to its parent location. There are also a ton more pictures there if anyone is interested in earlier pictures from this trip.

There are a whole lot of pictures so sit back and try to Enjoy! :D

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The eye of the beast!

Unfortunately I cut off the streamers but still came out ok.

These guys are dang hard to capture. Don't like sticking around whenever I get close but I finally was able to sneak up on one and get a decent shot.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've seen thousands of lyretails in the red sea but for the first time I saw this anthias today. Not sure of the type but certainly different coloration.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw my first Hammerhead today! Finally! After close to 50 dives in the Red Sea I finally saw one. I only got a bad picture so I won't bother posting it but I'm still excited.

Another cool part from the first dive of the day where a pair of Cleaner Wrasse that came over and started to clean the dome of my camera! Friendly little buggers.

And lucky for Adrian we came across a Massive Fire Coral garden so I got some decent pics.

Dive 1 - Jackson Reef
Monster Acro at 35 meters (100+ft)

The cleaner wrasses. In this shot you get a good idea of the wide angle lens as the wrasses are literally up against the dome.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Finally

My last night Dive of the trip. Was pretty decent to except that I ran out of air, have to buddy breath while taking pictures for the last 5 minutes and the current was pretty strong making macro shots pretty hard. The last 5 pictures posted are while buddy breathing.

Weird starfish

Octopus

This suncoral was under a ledge with some serious current on the outside so was a pain in the butt to get a decent picture.

Ghost pipefish. Usually he is just handing out in a soft coral out in the open but unfortunately the current was to strong and he was taking cover so this is the best picture I could get.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A little ode to last years pictures. Found another puffer sleeping on a sponge pinnacle.

Crocodile fish eye!

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this will be my very last offering. Hope you enjoy!

Day 13/Dive 1
Jackson Reef
Straits of Tiran

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dive 2 and my final dive for this trip. Tried for some hammerheads so this was all or nothing dive and we struck out.
Back of Jackson Reef
Straits of Tiran

And finally a wreck I saw almost everyday that I finally got a decent picture of. This wreck was the one that dumped the oil barrels posted yesterday and has been sitting here for about 20-30 years (depending on who's account you believe). Picture was taken with the camera in the underwater housing.

OP
OP
R

reefingbuddha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's all I've got! Hope you all enjoyed the pictures.

BTW this year I upgraded my gear just a little bit. :D I'm using a Nikon D700 in a Subal Underwater housing with a single INON 240z Strobe. All pictures were taken with either a 14-24mm Nikkor Super Wideangle lens and a 105mm Nikkor Micro lens.

I'm glad I could share these images with you and I hope you enjoyed. Remember that you can click on any image and link back to my gallery website.

Cheers,
Tom

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back