New to this forum, but old to another forum.

geekengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
I was on another forum (which I won't name cause it might get me in trouble) so maybe some of you know me, but sounds like this is the place to be more these days. I wanted to check out some things with the reef-pi. I don't have a tank running at the moment but thinking about maybe starting up again here in maybe next 6 months or so.

I had a 30 Gal with a 20 gal sump about 3 years ago, but had white cloud of doom bacteria problems. I also found my (recently married) wife and between that and the frustration the tank got shut down for a while.

Now thinking about going with a 40 Gal breeder and the 20 gallon sump at some point instead. Mainly so I will have more room down below to work with for the sump.

Cultivated Reef

ihavecrabs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was on another forum (which I won't name cause it might get me in trouble) so maybe some of you know me, but sounds like this is the place to be more these days. I wanted to check out some things with the reef-pi. I don't have a tank running at the moment but thinking about maybe starting up again here in maybe next 6 months or so.

I had a 30 Gal with a 20 gal sump about 3 years ago, but had white cloud of doom bacteria problems. I also found my (recently married) wife and between that and the frustration the tank got shut down for a while.

Now thinking about going with a 40 Gal breeder and the 20 gallon sump at some point instead. Mainly so I will have more room down below to work with for the sump.
Welcome!

This forum doesn't have over the top rules like the one you hinted in above. I think you may like it here!

I have seen a few of the reef-pi threads floating around. Cool looking stuff for sure!

Follow the hashtag "reefpi" to be alerted for the topic if you like!

Last edited:

Is your Build Thread Badge missing? Uh oh!

• Yes it's gone

Votes: 87 27.4%
  • Nope, I'm quick

Votes: 96 30.2%
  • Uh I don't understand. (you better click and read)

Votes: 61 19.2%
  • Never had one...until now!

Votes: 74 23.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Geo's Reef
Aquarium Specialty