New to Triton and Kh balance with Triton method

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to Triton but not new to reef keeping and have a small question with regard the Kh.

I have just completely restarted by tank and have gone full Triton. I measured the parameters this morning and I have Kh 7.7 Ca 440 Mg 1290. I am wanting to just raise the Kh slightly to 8 dkh before I send in the ICP test for an initial start point.

Locally they don't have the Triton Kh buffer so does anyone know what else is commonly available for Kh without raising anything else?

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just up my dose of all the chemicals. Should t take much to get to 8 if your currently at 7.7. How long has it been at 7.7? 8 isn't as big a deal as stability.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my kh around 8.3 , i would just increase Your dosing till you reach 8

johnzena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just up my dose of all the chemicals. Should t take much to get to 8 if your currently at 7.7. How long has it been at 7.7? 8 isn't as big a deal as stability.
I would say that if your parameters have been steady and your alk is 7.7, not to touch a thing. As BigKid mentioned stability is more important. Especially when you are in range.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to only adjust the KH - you can use NaHCO3 - but as other has stated - why bother with that in this situation?

Sincerely Lasse

DaveC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that if your parameters have been steady and your alk is 7.7, not to touch a thing. As BigKid mentioned stability is more important. Especially when you are in range.

Curious, what is the range that is considered stable? is it +- .5 ? or some other number?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back