New to Triton Core7 other methods, ICP results, how to go about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have been dosing BRS two part and occasionally magnesium. I have decided to switch and begin dosing Triton Core 7 for other methods but have not started yet. I just received the results of my ICP test. I am a little confused on how to go about correcting some elements that are lacking in my tank. For example, here are four suggestions from my test:

Sr: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 5 days. For the first 4 days the daily dosage should be 66.6ml. On the last day please use 4.75ml.
I: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.38ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).
B: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 3 days. For the first 2 days the daily dosage should be 33.3ml. On the last day please use 8.37ml.
Mn: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.56ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

Do I individually corrective dose these elements (Sr, I & B) as instructed to bring them to the ideal level and then begin Core 7 dosing from there? Or, by dosing the Core 7, will it bring these elements up? And for Mn, it recommends a daily or weekly dose. Is this in addition to Core 7 or does Core 7 take care of that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need too dose these things separately from your core7 other methods

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have been dosing BRS two part and occasionally magnesium. I have decided to switch and begin dosing Triton Core 7 for other methods but have not started yet. I just received the results of my ICP test. I am a little confused on how to go about correcting some elements that are lacking in my tank. For example, here are four suggestions from my test:

Sr: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 5 days. For the first 4 days the daily dosage should be 66.6ml. On the last day please use 4.75ml.
I: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.38ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).
B: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 3 days. For the first 2 days the daily dosage should be 33.3ml. On the last day please use 8.37ml.
Mn: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.56ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

Do I individually corrective dose these elements (Sr, I & B) as instructed to bring them to the ideal level and then begin Core 7 dosing from there? Or, by dosing the Core 7, will it bring these elements up? And for Mn, it recommends a daily or weekly dose. Is this in addition to Core 7 or does Core 7 take care of that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If you are changing methods then I would not worry about the low elements for now too much. As long as there are no accumulations to deal with first then you can start dosing the Core7, once you have achieved a stable dose then you can send off another ICP to see what your levels are like then.

Some elements such as Mn will always show as zero even after dosing Core7 on the analysis as the natural seawater level is below the limit of detection, you can choose to follow the instructions for them and dose extra if you want to. The rest of the elements can be adjusted to suit your unique system if/when required following the second analysis.

OP
OP
mginani

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are changing methods then I would not worry about the low elements for now too much. As long as there are no accumulations to deal with first then you can start dosing the Core7, once you have achieved a stable dose then you can send off another ICP to see what your levels are like then.

Some elements such as Mn will always show as zero even after dosing Core7 on the analysis as the natural seawater level is below the limit of detection, you can choose to follow the instructions for them and dose extra if you want to. The rest of the elements can be adjusted to suit your unique system if/when required following the second analysis.

Ok, thanks. I assume I'll just start dosing at a small level and try to maintain ALK of 8.0?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a stable number between 7-9, if your other parameters are sitting a little high then set it to 7 and visa versa.

Back