new to zoos and i have a tank

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am a sps guy everything from purple monster to the sunset monti

i run 3 tunzes a 6100 and 2 6000 on a controller in a 58 gall would this be to much flow for zoos

i want to house the zoos in this tank until my 29 custom acylic is setup

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never owned a Tunze before but that sounds like enough flow to rip a zoa off it's rock. Since you are an acrylic guy could you make a housing unit sort of like a breeders box to hold your zoas? This box would get the benefit of great water conditions but the flow would be minimalized.

OK I couldn't find a pic easily but it is one of those LFS boxes that they use to hold your purchase but with slots to let in flow.

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow

I am running two modded MJ1200's in my 135. Zoas doin OK
DSC_17781129.jpg

DSC_17701121.jpg
MG]

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep tons of zoas and palys in my sps tank. They can handle a lot of flow as long as their not directly in front of the power head. I have seio 1500's in my 90 (not even close to the same caliber I know) and have palys and zoas everywhere. I imagine that you will be keeping the zoas on the bottom of your tank as you don't want to have the headache of zoas overgrowing your acros and montis (personal experience). So flow shouldn't be a problem there at all. Just make sure your frags are growing onto the mount rather than freshly glued so to make sure they don't get blown off.

I think people underestimate zoas ability to deal with flow. I do have several palys right in front of the outlet of my seios. They tend to stay very short stalked and have short skirts. Not the ideal spot for them, but I didn't put them there. They spread to those spots on their own :)

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am a sps guy everything from purple monster to the sunset monti

i run 3 tunzes a 6100 and 2 6000 on a controller in a 58 gall would this be to much flow for zoos

i want to house the zoos in this tank until my 29 custom acylic is setup

Chad, I also have a 58gal. 3 6100's and 2 6000's is a hell of alot of flow. I had been running 2 tunze 6000's on the 7095 controller, but it was just alittle to much flow for most of my stuff. I had to dial the streams down to about 50%. I've since removed one of the 6000's and ordered the 6055 nano stream.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back