New Today ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by A_game43, Mar 7, 2018.

1. A_game43

A_game43 Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

ATI - just wanted to say that I got my first shipment of your ATI Essentials today. I have been running a 120g tank for 3yrs with ESV dosing and Amino Acids with good results.
    I was very excited when I first heard about your new dosing product. I have since started up a 168g Rimless tank that I will mainly stock with SPS. This tank has been running for 2.5mo now and is looking pretty good so far. I will start dosing the ATI Essentials this week, test Alk daily and Calc weekly for now. ;Bookworm;)

ATI 3.JPG

Tags:

2. A_game43

I do have a "Build Thread" for my 168g Rimless that I can post, need to look at copying the link and posting it.

3. A_game43

4. Pelagic One

Pelagic One Active Member R2R Supporter

Thanks for sharing. I just started ATI Essentials this week, so I’ll follow along and comment as apropos.

5. BigKid4788

BigKid4788 Well-Known Member

Nice looking tank. Love the aquascaping. Looked through the build thread. Not sure how much you paid but you got a steal! lol.

6. A_game43

Many thanks BigKid4788, tank and set up are coming along great. There are so many different views with this tank - great fun and we have only just begun. With this style of tank the "top down view" is stunning - it is amazing, as you have often mentioned, how different our corals look from the top versus a typical side view. This shorter tank style really brings that option to the top.

Cheers!!!

7. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

How are the Essentials doing thus far?

8. A_game43

Well day 2 - results are small which is ok - my Alk is 9.3dkh and I like it to be on the high side is this ok with the ATI Essentials? I have a 120g tank that I have run with ESV products for 3 years, no issues and I have my Alk as well around 9.3 - 9.5dkh with no issues at all??? Give me a shout. When I read your ATI comments I read get your Alk lower, is there a product need to have it that low?

9. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

There's zero issues with keeping your ALK higher if you have the nutrients in the tank and you keep it stable. Looks like you know how to do that so your golden, I like to keep mine around 8.0-8.2 spread out in 24 doses over the day. I find bad things happen slower at lower ALK.

10. Dan Cyr

Dan Cyr Active Member R2R Supporter CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor

Draft saved Draft deleted