NEW TWIST-IN RO FILTRATION

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Reef2Reef Ad.png

Some links below showing the details on the units and setup.

https://www.aquaticlife.com/ro-di-s...age-reverse-osmosis-deionization-systems.html

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Yes the 4 stage unit has a Mixed Bed resin cartridge that will pull the remaining TDS to 0. If you go with the 3 stage you would want to add the dual DI to drop to 0 TDS.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the average time this fills a 5 gallon jug? I bought the 4 stage version a few months ago and it takes about 1 hour 45 mins to fill. Is this normal or do I need to put on a booster? I have an 80psi pump I used to use for a 15 nozzle reptile misting system which has only ever had tap water run through it. Would this work or be too strong?

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
What's the average time this fills a 5 gallon jug? I bought the 4 stage version a few months ago and it takes about 1 hour 45 mins to fill. Is this normal or do I need to put on a booster? I have an 80psi pump I used to use for a 15 nozzle reptile misting system which has only ever had tap water run through it. Would this work or be too strong?
The RO membrane should produce 4.2 gallons per hour at 65 PSI and 77°F. Your a little lower but depending on the temperature and the pressure you could be produce less. The TI filtration system is rated to 80PSI and would be fine with the booster pump. Most setups using the booster pump will have the water pass through the sediment and the carbon filter then to the booster pump so that the water is filtered before entering the pump. Then the water pressure is boosted to the membrane.

The TI does not have space between the carbon and the membrane to separate the lines, you can removed them from the metal bracket and space them out if you would like. If you would need additional information please contact us at [email protected].

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back