New Underwater Coral Adhesive! Stop by our booth at MACNA!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool and congrats!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dope!

OP
OP
ChampionLighting

ChampionLighting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will it be available?
The product is ready to go and will most like be available by the end of the year. We took it to MACNA to show how it works and get some product feedback before we launch.

In the past, when I sent out samples for others to try, there was a lot of confusion how to use it. It's a totally different product and requires rethinking in the way we glue corals.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The product is ready to go and will most like be available by the end of the year. We took it to MACNA to show how it works and get some product feedback before we launch.

In the past, when I sent out samples for others to try, there was a lot of confusion how to use it. It's a totally different product and requires rethinking in the way we glue corals.
I watched the video with Richard, and am very intrigued and look forward to using this product when it hits the market! I think it’s a great idea!

Only one question I have that didn’t see discussed how does it handle flow, when a drag is reintroduced to the aquarium in the initial tacky phase. Does it break apart etc.

OP
OP
ChampionLighting

ChampionLighting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the questions, this will help us develop our FAQ for the product.

No, the adhesive is negatively buoyant and will not degrade underwater. Water speeds up the cure process, but does not dissolve the adhesive. It's not like cement or 2-part epoxy which will create a cloud if rubbed underwater or placed in a high flow area.

OP
OP
ChampionLighting

ChampionLighting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to learn more about how the adhesive was developed and how this will change the future of adhesives, watch this TED Talk with Jonathon Wilker, the inventor of PCS.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone get this stuff to adhere frags to plugs? I have watched videos, saw the demo at the FFM, and still can’t get it to hold. Frags fall off even after being in the water for almost an hour.
Yea.. gotta be honest.. I’ve bought a few tubes and really want it to work.. but I end up getting it all over my fingers and frags fall off when trying to set

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea.. gotta be honest.. I’ve bought a few tubes and really want it to work.. but I end up getting it all over my fingers and frags fall off when trying to set

I've come across a few similar posts around the web on this. I ran into a similar experience and thought maybe I was just using the product wrong. I've tried a few different times with small fragments of corals that busted off and pieces of rubble. Seemed to work best when letting the dab of adhesive sit for 10 minutes or so before placing the fragments on. Even then as you described I end up with more adhesive on my fingers and the tube than anything clean on the rubble I want to place the frag on :(

Another thing I wanted to use the product for was aquascape additions. As noted above the time it takes for the adhesive to do anything once you get it on there unless you prop up the rock it won't stay. My path which is probably wrong is coral frag to rubble, rubble to aquascape. Unless the pieces naturally fit and hold together this didn't seem to work as well to say oceans wonders reef safe epoxy. I can secure pieces together pretty quickly especially when adding in superglue.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back