[NEW VIDEOS] - Budget Reef Series - Flow, Lighting, Chemistry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get Caught Up on Our Latest Videos in Our Budget Reef Series!!

Episode 3 - Aquarium Flow

In this video we discuss the proper flow rates for keeping corals on the Budget Reef level. This means that your corals will stay happier and healthier longer and your aquarium will stay cleaner, providing a healthier environment for your inhabitants. Water movement is one key thing that makes a reef tank different then a fish only system.

Episode 4 - Lighting
In this Video we talk about aquarium lighting and the different options to cover the top of your fish tanks to avoid fish carpet surfing. We talk about Aquarium LIDS, Screen Net Kits vs Glass Lids and how evaporation can effect your fish tank. For lighting we talk about spectrum, lighting intensity, sunshine ramping, sunset ramping & the different lighting types and the Current USA IC Loop LED Lighting Systems.

Episode 5 - Chemistry
In this Video we get into Basic Reef Tank Chemistry. We discuss the basics you need to know to test your water to keep algae away and when to do a water change. Nitrates, Phosphates and Alkalinity are all touched on.
► Pro Tips
1. Keep Nitrates less then 10 ppm
2. Keep Phosphates 0.10 ppm
3. Avoid Feeding Flake Foods where Possible

Episode 6 - HARD CORAL Chemistry
In this Video we get into Advanced Reef Tank Chemistry, Lighting & Flow on the Budget Level. We discuss the basics you need to know to test your water to grow Hard Coral and when to do a water change. Hard Corals are pickier and you going to need to cater to their needs. Alkalinity, Calcium & Magnesium are all touched on.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back