New Waterbox 220.6 - Bubbles and a crack

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank was delivered yesterday. When I inspected the interior of the glass I noticed a few small scratches on the interior rear panel. I reached out to Waterbox and they were quick to make it right - decided to keep moving forward. I had my LFS out today to move the tank into the house and on the stand. When we inspected it we noticed bubbles in the seam of the front and bottom panels. There is also a small crack, almost a chip, in the rear left corner along the seam. I've reached out to Waterbox claims to see what they think.. but I'd like outside feedback as well. Is this thing safe? Really hoping it is, pretty bummed out right now.

20210402_113155.jpg 20210402_112703.jpg 20210402_112643.jpg 20210402_112638.jpg

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...

Also noticed odd diagonal lines going up and down the same seam as the crack.. No idea what these are. They do not exist in the other corner seams.

Attachments

• 20210402_120407.jpg
    20210402_120407.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210402_120442.jpg
    20210402_120442.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 85

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pic ending 155 is spooky. The bubble in the middle is also kinda scary. See what others say, but kinda surprised they shipped with these flaws. Any sense that the crate was compromised in shipping?

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pic ending 155 is spooky. The bubble in the middle is also kinda scary. See what others say, but kinda surprised they shipped with these flaws. Any sense that the crate was compromised in shipping?
None, inspected the crate closely with a friend before signing off on it.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you. I was leaning that way. I've asked for a replacement.. will update to see how that goes. I've got that punched in the gut feeling I had when I found out Santa wasn't real.
What? Santa is real!
Sorry about the problem but better off making it right from the start instead of a fail later. Good luck.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you. I was leaning that way. I've asked for a replacement.. will update to see how that goes. I've got that punched in the gut feeling I had when I found out Santa wasn't real.
Not a Good Friday in your case; really sorry. I gotta believe they are going to make you whole on the tank, but the current pain is real I know.

I don't think it is unique to WB, but is instead common across all the mass manufacturers IMO. The tanks are "QC'd" in China, crated, container loaded, and shipped. Once here in the shipping warehouse, they are never uncrated and checked over. I bet most are never seen or touched by an employee of the manufacturer at all, just the (separate) shipping company.

Curious, do you know where the tank was freighted from? I wanna say WB is headquartered in Jacksonville FL.

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a Good Friday in your case; really sorry. I gotta believe they are going to make you whole on the tank, but the current pain is real I know.

I don't think it is unique to WB, but is instead common across all the mass manufacturers IMO. The tanks are "QC'd" in China, crated, container loaded, and shipped. Once here in the shipping warehouse, they are never uncrated and checked over. I bet most are never seen or touched by an employee of the manufacturer at all, just the (separate) shipping company.

Curious, do you know where the tank was freighted from? I wanna say WB is headquartered in Jacksonville FL.
It did come from Jacksonville.

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Waterbox has offered to replace the tank.

I'm going to edit this to add a few comments that I feel are relevant. While it was extremely upsetting to see the gaps of silicone and the crack Waterbox was immediately on top of it. When I reached out with my first issue about the minor scratches they offered me a partial refund without hesitation. When I reached back out today they immediately responded, asked for a few follow-up pictures and without hesitation agreed to replace the tank when I requested. On top of all that, the tank is beautiful.. makes me even more excited to get the replacement in.

@Waterbox Aquariums - appreciate your claims department.

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Waterbox has offered to replace the tank.

I'm going to edit this to add a few comments that I feel are relevant. While it was extremely upsetting to see the gaps of silicone and the crack Waterbox was immediately on top of it. When I reached out with my first issue about the minor scratches they offered me a partial refund without hesitation. When I reached back out today they immediately responded, asked for a few follow-up pictures and without hesitation agreed to replace the tank when I requested. On top of all that, the tank is beautiful.. makes me even more excited to get the replacement in.

@Waterbox Aquariums - appreciate your claims department.
Impressive given it is a holiday. Pleased but not too surprised about the decision, but the responsiveness is superb. Hope it ships soon.

They have a very nice design and do a nice build. I crawled all over their display at the last MACNA in Orlando and was very impressed. Somewhere around here I wrote a post about the key differences versus Red Sea -- about 7 of them IIRC -- all in WB favor. My only questions were around their financial ability to handle the inevitable business shocks all B2C businesses encounter at some point.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive given it is a holiday. Pleased but not too surprised about the decision, but the responsiveness is superb. Hope it ships soon.

They have a very nice design and do a nice build. I crawled all over their display at the last MACNA in Orlando and was very impressed. Somewhere around here I wrote a post about the key differences versus Red Sea -- about 7 of them IIRC -- all in WB favor. My only questions were around their financial ability to handle the inevitable business shocks all B2C businesses encounter at some point.
Send it back. You’ll always be worrying about it if you don’t. I have the same tank and I really like it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 61.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.0%
Back