New Waterbox Frag 105.4 Build

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
23 days to cycle using Frtyz Zyme fishless fuel and and export media brick soaked in Microbacter 7 and daily doses of the same. Waiting to get a little more established to put in the Tangs and turn on the lights.

Question: one mega water change or wait til my nitrates drop on their own. Refugium is up and running…

currently 20ppm
At 20 ppm and definitely finished the cycle I would do your big water change and start adding some fish. Sounds like you’re all set!!

im seriously considering this tank or the 85 as I like the long and low look.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
Maxcmo

Maxcmo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Honestly I bought it bc at the time I ordered it was one one of the few options available but I am glad I did the look is amazing. Little shallow so keep that in mind tho but great for a lagoon look.

dcal1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I also worked on the ATO after having left town last weekend. The water in my Waterbox sump evaporates out of the ATO reservoir in almost 4 days. No good I don’t want to be tied down to just 4 days so I ordered the Tunze switch, a float valve, and plumbed my RO water right into the sump into the return chamber. I have a 40 gallon water tank in the garage that I fill overnight and then shut off the RO to avoid TDS creep and to be able to monitor the filters, etc. I purchased an RODI system from BRS and it was incredibly easy to get this plumbed under my garage utility sink and then plumb it into my water tank. The water feeds into my sump using gravity coming out of the bottom of the water tank across and eventually thru my wall along the baseboard. I used clear tubing and held it in place using electrical cord clips in white to match my baseboards.

I strapped all my cords together for now this will be a future project to clean this up but for now its organized enough for me for now…. I am not a fan of having additional cabinets or what not when this tank is closed I want it to look as clean and pretty as possible so I need to find a solution for these cords at some point.

I pretty much followed the BRS guys recommendations in terms of using the Tunze ATO which has 2 sensors as well as the float valve. I also added a water sensor alarm which seems like a simple way to be alerted should something leak.
Do you plan on using the build in ATO chamber for anything? I just purchased this tank as well and I'm thinking about doing something similar to your setup.

OP
Maxcmo

Maxcmo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you plan on using the build in ATO chamber for anything? I just purchased this tank as well and I'm thinking about doing something similar to your setup.
I am dosing all for reef by tropic marin and I put the dosing container in there for now.

Torch SALE