New Waterbox MarineX 110

Odoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

I have been out of the hobby for many years. The first job I ever had was at live aquaria and it started me down a life long passion for the hobby. As you can imagine working for live aquaria afforded mr thr ability to afford the hobby at a much more affordable cost than most. After leaving almost 17 years ago I soon got out of the industry for cost reasons.

Well now I am in a different place in life and can do the reef I want. I havr avoided getting back in and not being able to do it the way I want. I finally have that opportunity. While much is still the same , the technology has came a long way and I am very excited for the controllability as well as the checks and balances I can create with the system I am planning.

The aquarium will be a waterbox marinex 110.
Lighting: two kessil apx9
Filtration: custom 25 gallon refugium. I will not be using a skimmer as I believe in a more self sustained system void of water changes and skimmers. Can't wait to hear your opinions on that :)

I will be using a complete neptune and trident system. Including flow monitors , dosers , return pumps and wave makers.

Once the aquarium is up and cycled with reef rock , about 70 lbs I expect , I will be using indo pacific farms and seeding my refugium and tank. I also will do something here that may be topic for debate but I will br seeding the aquarium with many different types of detrivores including worms and of course different types of pods. Then the aquarium will sit for like 6 months with very few additions along the way. Mainly adding zoas and small hardy corals.

I will update with pictures and maybe videos along the way. I am so excited to be back in the hobby I have been having trouble sleeping over thinking my tank lol. Will likely have it here in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Interested in any and all feedback. Look forward to being challenged on my ideas and getting back to engaging in the awesome community.
yHappy reefing !

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back!

I saw that you will be going down the no water change route. One of the best decisions I made after getting the tanks stable.

OP
OP
O

Odoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back!

I saw that you will be going down the no water change route. One of the best decisions I made after getting the tanks stable.
That is the goal. I expect to be doing some through the cycling process but will have a refugium running first day a fish is added so we will see. It was years ago but had a very stable reef tank that was going about 2 years with no changes or skimmer until I had to tear it down and sell off stock.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have all your water corrected and dialed in, that's where the journey begins.

My wife's tank is currently going on 4-5 months with no water changes and it's finally starting to stabilize and some corals to take off. Dosing #DSR EZ and running a power filter.

I'll be doing the same once I get my tank in which isna WB 270.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back