New White Tail Bristletooth Tang and Melanurus Wrasse - Friendly or no?

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a 150 gal tank with Midas Blenny, flame hawkfish, 2 clowns, and 1 melanurus wrasse. Today I added my tangs, a white tail Bristletooth and a small yellow tang.

The yellow seems good to go, but I can’t tell what’s up with the Bristletooth. He swims with the melanurus likes he’s an obsessive spouse. The melanurus flashes at it, but never any fighting. I did feel like I saw the tang press it’s lips against the wrasse, but no marks/signs. Am I overthinking this relationship?

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is anecdotal personal experience from a sample size of one, but my white tail bristletooth and melanurus are inseparable. In my case, it was the white tail that was a little annoyed with the melanurus for a bit, but after a couple of days they were fast friends.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them both in a 120. They were great. Oddly I put in a lawnmower blennie and the bristle tooth hated him. I had to get the lawnmower out. Never understood why.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice addition ,love the wt bristle tooth :cool:

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a 150 gal tank with Midas Blenny, flame hawkfish, 2 clowns, and 1 melanurus wrasse. Today I added my tangs, a white tail Bristletooth and a small yellow tang.

The yellow seems good to go, but I can’t tell what’s up with the Bristletooth. He swims with the melanurus likes he’s an obsessive spouse. The melanurus flashes at it, but never any fighting. I did feel like I saw the tang press it’s lips against the wrasse, but no marks/signs. Am I overthinking this relationship?
How's that white tail doing? I just received a notice I can pick one up today or tomorrow and debating pulling the trigger.

Thanks

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back