OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to find new church and thank god because it’s a dream come true !!
Happy for you
It's funny, when I posted title I meant new as more of thinking new altogether not as replacement so to speak lol. Ironically I was married years ago, roughly close to 14 years ago. I never considered it a marriage as we lasted 6 months and she wasn't a wife. Never considered her or what we had anything. I'm not going to get into to much but let's just say there were other people and things more important to her. I have known my wife for 12 years. Actually met her at the church we still attend. Both our folks are heavily involved as well. I am very thankful to God and feel blessed. I couldn't ask for anyone better. It is definitely a dream come true. Even got a house at a descent price even after all the stuff we been finding. Hopefully I don't burn it down with the light. Thank you though.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my new Eheim 100 today. Runs much better and quieter than my Tetra whisper. Sound is off do to other background noises lol

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I may have found a simple solution....remove the diffuser and raise the shade up more to allow more room and airflow....seemed to have done the trick.

Emptyness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

But why 2 water changes in a row? What is the point of the 2nd one directly after, since you have emptied your tank once already?

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

But why 2 water changes in a row? What is the point of the 2nd one directly after, since you have emptied your tank once already?
The first drains the old water. The second helps to kick more debree and nutrients up and into the column. Think of it as turkey basting the tank to get the settled junk into the column. Plus as you can tell it isn't a true 100 percent water change. Since I can only drain about 85 to 90 percent each time. this gets me a bit closer to that 100 percent. It is hard to see but when I added water the first time everything is stirred up and floating around. It wasn't pretty and what I was expecting from experience. Ideally I would do 3 times.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank but it seems like you are wasting alot od fresh RO water, not to mention salt when you do a double water change.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank but it seems like you are wasting alot od fresh RO water, not to mention salt when you do a double water change.
While it seems like it is, I do this because I do not dose nor have a filter. So I need to ensure 100 percent is done best I can. When adding water the first time it kicks everything up and so now It is in the column. I'll have to take a picture of next to show the junk that kicks up. But it's about 3.5 to 4 gallons total water for the change. So less than a couple bucks. I buy premade at store.

If I tried to do with just one water change, I would have to pull rock out, rinse with water anyways and put in a bit of water while I drain then add back in and fill so it would be about the same.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So thanks to the help of my wife, I was able to get a seal that will hopefully keep the water from going through between the glass container and the glass lid.
IMG_20201031_162458.jpg

IMG_20201031_174633_050.jpg

IMG_20201031_174633_053.jpg

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a While since I have updated. There has been alot of things going on and have been mostly using Instagram.

So since the last, I have swapped out a few corals as well as the lid. I have also switched to the abi tuna blue par38 from the AI prime HD. I have added a few more cleanup crew which include blue knuckle, holloween, polka dot and blue lef hermits, money cowery, necarrious snail. For fish I have flaming prawn goby, dot dash blenny, barber post goby and a white banded possum wrasse.

20210207_174818.jpg 20210207_174405.jpg 20210212_141845_HDR.jpg IMG_20210206_172036_980.jpg

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe Its been almost a year and havent updated this thread. There has been quite a few changes.

I lost 2 euphilias and the pick frogspawn retracted. The Wilsoni had recession and not all of the tissue is connected bet segregated in sections now. I replaced the sand with aqua forest stone fix. Do to heat it expanded and cracked the tank. Which happened last time.

Good new is the Wilsoni is doing well. Not as what it used to but I think in a few years if everything is right it'll fill back in. I added an elegance which has been doing well to. The hammer and frogspawn have been growing or improving. Pink frogspawn regained color but not extension.. there is an oyster or something growing on it which maybe irritating it. The sps has been fragged and those frags grown as well.

Since I havent found a new lid I have switched to small pump to stop spray from bubbles popping on surface. It is also barebottom now. I added a few feather dusters and seem to be spreading as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let me know if you are unable to view video above. Im working on trying to download to you tube from instagram

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how the tank is doing. Still going strong and doing really well. Ignore the mess as I just added new fish and cleaned tank yesterday and didnt pick up yet lol.
IMG_20220306_164659.jpg

IMG_20220306_164650.jpg

IMG_20220306_164706.jpg

DesktopReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that you went with the drink dispenser. I considered it but just hade a huge fear that the seal would fail or the gate valve would somehow come open. It’s awesome to see you’ve kept the thing going over a year. Congrats!

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that you went with the drink dispenser. I considered it but just hade a huge fear that the seal would fail or the gate valve would somehow come open. It’s awesome to see you’ve kept the thing going over a year. Congrats!
Thank you. And its still doing well. I have had a freshwater project going on and health issues past few montgs as well as alot around the house. So sorry for late reply.

There is always a chance with seals breaking in regular tanks. But hasnt been an issue. I did replace valve dispenser with plastic one as rust started forming. I also made error in using aquaforest rock cement stuff for bottom. The contraction and expansion was cracking glass. Luckily I caught before it leaked.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back