CoralBox WiFi Dosing Pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , so I️ received my pump and I’m having a hard time keeping the lines primed , the pump is 12” from storage container and 4” above. It takes me a long time to get fluid from storage to pump and then I lose prime if it sits for a time. Has anyone experienced this issue.
Thanks for and help

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , so I️ received my pump and I’m having a hard time keeping the lines primed , the pump is 12” from storage container and 4” above. It takes me a long time to get fluid from storage to pump and then I lose prime if it sits for a time. Has anyone experienced this issue.
Thanks for and help

Is it possible that you have a leak in the lines? When I first set mine up, I had leaks where the silicone doser tube connected to the draw tube. Caused me to get lots of air in the tubes.

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that you have a leak in the lines? When I first set mine up, I had leaks where the silicone doser tube connected to the draw tube. Caused me to get lots of air in the tubes.

I️ will double check , thank you

Monkichi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say I ordered one of these yesterday, looking forward to receiving it. I have previously sent back two defective Jebao DP-4s to Amazon. I knew I shouldn't have tried the 2nd one after the first, but at the price of $63 and same day shipping where I live... I am really hoping all the heads work, prime and calibrate properly initially as I am having really poor luck with dosing pumps lately. Also, this was my first purchase from Reef Breeders, glad to hear everyone likes them as a vendor. Cheers.

Monterey Bay Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for and help

May have to allow an air hole into the dosing container

gone_phishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the price is awesome on these pumps and they are pretty much exactly what i want (a standalone wifi controlled unit)...however i'm seeing these problems somewhat often already and the unit just came out not too long ago.

i'm hesitant to give it a try, might just spend the extra couple hundred and go GHL

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the people with air bubbles in the line I bought some 1/8th inside diameter tubing solve the problem 3/16 inside diameter just didnt seal tight enough around the fitting. I bought the tubing from Avast Marine.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the people with air bubbles in the line I bought some 1/8th inside diameter tubing solve the problem 3/16 inside diameter just didnt seal tight enough around the fitting. I bought the tubing from Avast Marine.

I will see if we can't get smaller ID lines as a default on these. I will recommend that size tubing in the future for customers who need more than what comes with the unit as well.

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replacement heads are available.
Thank you, are they on your site? I couldn't find them when I looked earlier. What is the cost? It seems that I have to make a purchase to see shipping options. If a head needed to be replaced, what shipping options are available to ensure I can get the replacement quickly? Thanks again!

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, are they on your site? I couldn't find them when I looked earlier. What is the cost? It seems that I have to make a purchase to see shipping options. If a head needed to be replaced, what shipping options are available to ensure I can get the replacement quickly? Thanks again!
Any update on replacement heads??

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ; i am interested in the doser, but i have a question.
Is this doser a 'true' wifi bit of equipment that can be controlled remotely (i.e. control the doser when i am away from the tank on vacation)?
or
Is the doser only controllable when i am in the immediate vicinity of the doser?

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ; i am interested in the doser, but i have a question.
Is this doser a 'true' wifi bit of equipment that can be controlled remotely (i.e. control the doser when i am away from the tank on vacation)?
or
Is the doser only controllable when i am in the immediate vicinity of the doser?
Only when you are on your home wifi

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure it's not relying on the internet, your phone and doser just need to be on the same internal Network.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you program what you want it doesn't need the internet. The WiFi is nice you can program it without touching it so you can mount it anywhere out of the way

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you program what you want it doesn't need the internet. The WiFi is nice you can program it without touching it so you can mount it anywhere out of the way
If there is a power outage , does it save the memory for dosing when power returns???

How long have you been using the Coral Box doser??

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back