New WiFi/Router, cannot get Apex to go into setup mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been posted, but I have no patience to even search.

I dropped Fios TV and went to internet only. I was initially able to connect to Apex with my new router on both a PC and App on my phone. Now I cannot.

I am trying to go back into wifi setup mode by pushing the little button on Apex with a paper clip. It does not matter if I hold it for 5 seconds or minutes...nothing happens.

Should I disconnect everything and try it again?

goggs29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would disconnect the aquabus cables so the head unit powers off and then reconnect, if the head unit has the power supply plugged to it remove that as well. Then plug all back in and try the paperclip again.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the normal behavior of the reset button:
  • Press & release = Reboot
  • Press & hold 6 seconds = WiFi Setup Mode. The logo will turn blue, then you can connect to its Apex_Setup### WiFi signal, and access the Apex at http://172.16.0.1. No programming is lost.
  • Press & hold 30+ seconds = Factory Reset. The logo will turn red. All programming and settings are wiped out.
If it’s not doing anything, then either you’re not pressing the button in hard enough, or the button is defective.

OP
OP
James77

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, after MANY attempts, I finally got the Apex to go into blue status mode.

I can see the "Apex setup 85000" on my phone. I connect to it. When I open the Apex app up, all I get is asking for log in info. I tried my fusion passcodes and "admin + 1234", nothing works.

I deleted and reinstalled the app, still nothing. Going by the setup up video (below) that I used intially, I should be getting "apex setup". I am not.

Thank for the help!

Video I am using

OP
OP
James77

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...

It now works. After it went into blue mode, I reconnected my ethernet to it, then I was able to access it via the IP address I had. Then I could log in on the Fusion app.

No idea what I really did, but seems back to normal.

Thanks again!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, after MANY attempts, I finally got the Apex to go into blue status mode.

I can see the "Apex setup 85000" on my phone. I connect to it. When I open the Apex app up, all I get is asking for log in info. I tried my fusion passcodes and "admin + 1234", nothing works.

I deleted and reinstalled the app, still nothing. Going by the setup up video (below) that I used intially, I should be getting "apex setup". I am not.

Thank for the help!

Video I am using
In my instructions, I told you to browse to http://172.16.0.1 after connecting to the Apex_Setup### WiFi signal, not to open the Fusion app. Did you try that? That would have been the equivalent to opening the IP address assigned by your router when you plugged in the Ethernet cable.

OP
OP
James77

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my instructions, I told you to browse to http://172.16.0.1 after connecting to the Apex_Setup### WiFi signal, not to open the Fusion app. Did you try that? That would have been the equivalent to opening the IP address assigned by your router when you plugged in the Ethernet cable.
YES, I TRIED THAT.

It did not work. I tried EVERYTHING including resetting this thing I don't even know how many times. FOR whatever reason, it FINALLY reset. Even then nothing worked connecting, including your instructions.

For some reason when I plugged in the ethernet AGAIN, it connected.

Again, thanks for your help.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES, I TRIED THAT.

It did not work. I tried EVERYTHING including resetting this thing I don't even know how many times. FOR whatever reason, it FINALLY reset. Even then nothing worked connecting, including your instructions.

For some reason when I plugged in the ethernet AGAIN, it connected.

Again, thanks for your help.
No problem, I just wanted clarification because your post made it sound like you connected to the Apex_Setup### WiFi and then went into the Fusion App, which would not work.

OP
OP
James77

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, I just wanted clarification because your post made it sound like you connected to the Apex_Setup### WiFi and then went into the Fusion App, which would not work.

Sorry if I am coming off short tempered, its been frustrating :(.

I have no idea why, but what you suggested did not work. After the blue reset, I think on the second try, the ethernet allowed me to connect on my PC. Without doing anything else at all, my Iphone app worked. I did not have to enter any new WIFI info either.

I chalk it up to magic...lol

Again, thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back